E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone use on their leather seats? Once a week I use Meguiars aloe cleaner and aloe conditioner and once a month use Kiwi black leather dye. Anyone have an alternative setup that works better?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Lexol's the best for your money (and pretty damn good period). I use Zymol leather cleaner, then their conditioner. However, I've just learned that Zymol doesn't actually make the leather cleaner or the conditioner, they're just repackaged Turtle Wax products. Oh well, I like them anyways...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and it works like a million bucks. I supplement the bi-weekly treatment with Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes or Armor All Leather Wipes for daily use.

·
Registered
514 Posts
sfzBimmer2 said:
Lexol's the best for your money (and pretty damn good period). I use Zymol leather cleaner, then their conditioner. However, I've just learned that Zymol doesn't actually make the leather cleaner or the conditioner, they're just repackaged Turtle Wax products. Oh well, I like them anyways...
I heard that Zymol is actually in the process of stopping Turtle Wax's Distribution since they took the Zymol name and replaced it with their own products. I have no clue :dunno: , but I never use their Cleaner Wax anymore (aka. Zyrtle Wax)

·
Registered
85 Posts
sfzBimmer2 said:
It is not repackaged Turtle Wax products, they ALLEGEDLY package it for Zymol, it is not a Turtle Wax product with a Zymol wrapper. Basically whoever is making it for them is still using Zymols famous recipe. I swear by the Zymol cleaner and conditioner combo.

Also, is there any actual proof toward this rumor, because I've heard a lot of people say this, but no one has any solid proof that this is true. My theory is that Zymol uses a 3rd party packager; that's it. A friend of mine owns a concourse-winning 1988 Henna Red M3, and uses only Zymol products for it, and says that this is not at all true.

Either way, I think that Most of Zymol's products are incredible, but I will give Lexol a shot as its popularity seems to be growing rapidly.

-Frank

·
Registered
171 Posts
M34U2NV_ said:
It is not repackaged Turtle Wax products, they ALLEGEDLY package it for Zymol, it is not a Turtle Wax product with a Zymol wrapper. Basically whoever is making it for them is still using Zymols famous recipe. I swear by the Zymol cleaner and conditioner combo.

Also, is there any actual proof toward this rumor, because I've heard a lot of people say this, but no one has any solid proof that this is true. My theory is that Zymol uses a 3rd party packager; that's it. A friend of mine owns a concourse-winning 1988 Henna Red M3, and uses only Zymol products for it, and says that this is not at all true.

Either way, I think that Most of Zymol's products are incredible, but I will give Lexol a shot as its popularity seems to be growing rapidly.

-Frank
I saw their Leather cleaner and leather conditioner at target and almost bought it (I was curious to see how well it worked). Looked like good stuff.

Their cleaner/wax isn't much to write home about, like other cleaner/waxes. And their regular waxes aren't all that great. But that's a different thread entirely.

I'd say save your money and use the woolite/water solution I told you guys about, and a good conditioner after. Many people on Autopia use it with good results.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello M34U2NV_,

M34U2NV_ said:

-Frank
I proudly admit - I use Zymol products. No matter what I try, I just can't help myself going back for Zymol. Once in regular pattern, it is quite easy to use. The shine is incredible.

However, I only believe in so-called true Zymol products. That is, Creme/Carbon and way up to Vintage.

Now, back to the original question M34U2NV_ raises.
If you see the packaging of so-called Zyrtle products, some of them are clearly labeled "manufactured for Zymol."

Since I do not work for Turtle Wax, Inc., I do not have a direct insight to prove whether it is so or not. Yet, when the packaging says "manufactured for Zymol," I have no evidence to deny such a claim.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 330i said:
Since I do not work for Turtle Wax, Inc., I do not have a direct insight to prove whether it is so or not. Yet, when the packaging says "manufactured for Zymol," I have no evidence to deny such a claim.
I know it says "manufactured for Zymol" on the bottle, but it doesnt say "manufactured by turtle wax" on the back.

so my question is, where did the "zymol is just turtle wax in a zymol bottle" rumor come from, why turtle wax and not mother's or some other random brand? I'm just confused as to where this came from. :banghead:

-Frank

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, hahah, after bickering and *****ing about this, I did some research on my own and found this out.

On the back of the botle there is an address 5655 w 73rd street, chicago IL.

Well I went on Turtle Wax's website clicked on the contact us section. . .and guess what, that is TURTLE WAX'S ADDRESS!!!! :bawling:

Well, needless to say, I'm upset and am just hoping that this is truly zymol's recipe, and not just turtle wax with a zymol sticker on it.

I am calling them tomorrow and inquiring about this, I'll let you all know what I find out, it's time to put an end to this and get some answers from THEM.

-Frank

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sounds Familar!

M34U2NV_ said:
Well, hahah, after bickering and *****ing about this, I did some research on my own and found this out.

On the back of the botle there is an address 5655 w 73rd street, chicago IL.

Well I went on Turtle Wax's website clicked on the contact us section. . .and guess what, that is TURTLE WAX'S ADDRESS!!!! :bawling:

Well, needless to say, I'm upset and am just hoping that this is truly zymol's recipe, and not just turtle wax with a zymol sticker on it.

I am calling them tomorrow and inquiring about this, I'll let you all know what I find out, it's time to put an end to this and get some answers from THEM.

-Frank
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159076&highlight=Zymol+Turtle

Check out the thread from above by "The330i", it incorporates the Law suits being filed by Zymol agaist Turtle Wax and Target Corp's. Fun reading :thumbup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.