BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new here, I own a 330ci and I'm getting an 04 M3 really soon. I was wondering what you guys are getting for lease numbers. Westchester BMW is not budging under $ 810 a month.
thanx

·
Registered
347 Posts
remember how many years, how many miles per year, and how much you are putting down all effect the lease rate.

perhaps you should give more info.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
thats a good price

when i bought my 03m3 i look at leasing. the dealer wanted 20,000 down to get 953.00 a month for 39 months and the car was worth 57,000.

and if i put down 8,000 the month price was 1,200 something. it
was outrangous

can you tell us how much down you are puting. how long is the lease. and what is the total cost of the car. just to see what you have to do to get that price...

also if you are a good cust. they will give you better rates than if you went their for the first time as a first time buyer to.
bobm3 :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
953 a month? what a rip off, i know a kid with an 02 who got a sick deal for 653 a month, but he knows the dealers well

·
Registered
200 Posts
i got a 36 month lease with 15000 miles ......4500 down, every option except the back up sensors and navigation .....

for 860 a month.......

westchester bmw........

·
Registered
200 Posts
WHO IS YOUR SELLMAN... PLEASE STATE THE OPTIONS AND THE MILES ALLOWED

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wow, I'll tell ya I can't see the benefits of leasing an M3 with rates so low right now. I bought my 02 M3 and have refinanced the loan once already and the payment is down to $760/month for 60 months with no additional large payments kicked in and I'll own it at end of 5 years. Car started at about $48K( had about 6K miles on it when bought) but has EVERY option except Nav and SMG and I only put 2k down on it.

I looked at leasing an 03 right before I bought the pre-owned 02 and they wanted $929/month with $3500 down and 12k miles a year. I just can't see the logic unless you're CERTAIN you will replace M3 at end of lease term. Plus, I do 20-22K a year with my car and wouldn't want to do any less in such an exceptional machine!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
well i will tell ya happy i ended up buying my 2003m3smg

i got very opion except cold weather and back side airbags,
no 19" wheels and no head light wiper
and i got in my 03m3 as follow
manufacturer's suggested retail price 46,500.00
carbon black metilic paint 475.00
h/k stero 675.00
xenon headlights 700.00
premium package 2,900.00
nav. system 1,800.00
smg tranny 2,400.00
heated front seats 500.00
desernation 695.00
gas guzzuler 1,000.00
-----------------
dealer opions
car phone 1,500.00
burg. alarm forgot that price ---------------
tint windows 500.00
rubber mats in car and trunk 130.00
the total price out the door with tax 64,500.00

put down 30,000 have 5 yr loan for 34,000 pay a month 685.00

i know its on the high side lollllllllll
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
even if you aren't certain, sometimes the residual at the end of the lease isn't that bad, so you can buy it out.

I think that's what I may do with my 330, just pay the residual and see what those payments are like.

·
ti-m-e
2,266 Posts
Jsen7 said:
putting $$$ down on a lease is just plain dumb and throwing money away.
It depends on your financial qoals. Some states such as PA have favorable tax advantages to business owners who lease their vehicles, so for these people it is a wise decision.

Others who do not drive very often and would like to take that $10-20k into an investment which has a return greater than the money factor on a lease are also at an advantage as they can potentially negate the interest on said lease. For them it would not be wise to dump money on a depreciating investment such as a vehicle.

Unless you mean putting a downpayment on a lease, than what I've just said may not apply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another option to think about is a home equity line of credit. Low interest rate, interest is tax deductable, and no dealer slop numbers to crunch. The ones with cheapest interest rates float with the prime rate, however, but you can get a fixed rate. If prime starts increasing you can accelerate payments---of course no prepayment penalty.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
When leasing a vehicle the Key is little or no down payment. After all its like your renting the car. This is where they get alot of people. You dont put a down payment when u move into an apartment. There is a software called Leasewizardpro, which is what dealers use to train on. I used it and it works great. With so many numbers and factors u need software to analyze your deal. After all the dealers use software. Fight fire with fire!!! :thumbup:

check it out
http://www.leasewizard.com/

good luck man.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm leasing mine from Rallye Motors in Roslyn. 36 months, 36,000 miles, $0 down. $847 a month for Premium, Xenons, Nav, PDC, H/K, metallic paint.

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Jsen7 said:
putting $$$ down on a lease is just plain dumb and throwing money away.
tax write-off baby! :thumbup: I'm a partner in a daytrading firm and don't pay taxes until end of year. i was only able to write-off up to $4,000 a year of payments on a finance but instead i'm writing off 90% of my lease payments with only 1.9% interest. if i had an M3 and was paying let's say $900 a month, i'd be able to write-off $333 a month on a finance and $810 a month on a lease. if you were smart, which would u do? if your referring to a down payment, your right, try not to put anything down upfront, not even taxes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
There are a number of independent lease companies that can get a new M3 with relatively little options for just under 600 before tax with minimum down (1st payment, last payment, some bank fees ~$1700).

These companies will generally have 12k/year allowance with 60 month contracts, but are definitely the best deal.

If you look at the depreciation value of an M3, especially over the first 36 months, it doenst corrolate at all with what BMW Bank of NA charges you. If you look carefully at your lease agreement with them there are "other" charges on the agreement, in which they include a number of things, that are not itemized for the very reason of charging you more. At least thats what I discovered when i called BMW Bank of NA and asked them what the extra $5500 on my contract was. It does include finance charges, but thats not all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts