E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have a 2005 325i sedan m54 engine that is throwing bank one and 2 lean codes I have a new fuel pump new fuel filter new disa new MAF sensor new spark plugs and new post cat o2 sensors and no vacuum leaks ( I have smoke tested it 100 times) it has a rough idle after I’ve been driving for 5 or more minutes I have a janky cold air intake that is probably a hot air intake but I can’t seem to get the codes to go away any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
2002 BMW 540Ti, 2004 BMW 330i ZHP, 2001 325Ci
1,005 Posts
My MAF had a sticker that stated 'Made in China" and was the cause of my lean codes... Replaced it with a used BMW MAF.
I needed a spare OEM MAF sensor an ordered a used from LKQ, they seem to be a big used parts outlet, was happy with steering rack from them an hoping it will be a seimans with 55k miles

·
Premium Member
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L, 2.8L and 2.0L Z3's
2,114 Posts
Since you have smoke tested and fixed he vacuum leaks, set up OBD Fusion and run the 3 standard logs. Post links to the CVS log file here and we will look a them. Tey save us from asking a 1,000 questions and frustrating you from having to answer them. OBD Fusion

I see that you are new here. Welcome to the forum. Lets get you set up:
  • Go to www.RealOEM.com and put the last 7 digits of your VIN into the search tool. Bookmark the results page and then you can browse for parts for your car.
  • Find wiring diagrams here: BMW WDS Online
  • The "Important Links" page has lots of really useful information: IMPORTANT LINKS

·
Premium Member
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L, 2.8L and 2.0L Z3's
2,114 Posts
Ok, lets go the 1,000 question route.

Here are the first 3 questions:
  • What are the 4 fuel trims at hot idle with the engine running?
  • What are the 4 fuel trims at a steady 100 kmph (60 mph) cruise with cruise control on?
  • What is the coolant temp at steady cruise. Tip, use the hidden menus in the dash to get the actual coolant temp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts