BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like one of my tires is leaking air, but I dont' see any nails or the like. :dunno: Can they patch this at a shop? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Take the tire off, and dip it into a very large bucket to look for the leak. If not, run the hose over it and look for bubbles. It could be anything. A loose valve stem, not having your valve caps on. Take it to the dealer, it should be covered.

·
Registered
248 Posts
As long as the hole isn't in the side wall the dealer can patch the tire. Tire punctures are not covered under warranty. Repair will cost you 10-30 bucks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone wanted to know, I called Allison BMW and they said they don't fix tires...and to take to a tire shop. America's Tire Co costs about 17 bucks...and reimbursible if you buy tires from them in the future.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,083 Posts
Artslinger said:
As long as the hole isn't in the side wall the dealer can patch the tire. Tire punctures are not covered under warranty. Repair will cost you 10-30 bucks.
Yup!

I normally fix punctures myself. It's pretty easy to do if you have the time and tools.

·
T!TSLVR
1,251 Posts
Originally, when I called my BMW dealer, some random service person (maybe to get me off the phone) just said I had to get a new tire and that "they don't fix M3 tires." I knew that was bogus so I made an appointment with my assigned service rep to have the tire checked out.

They found a BIG nail in it and the dealer plugged my tire. The cost was $10.

Yes, they can plug a tire if the nail is in the tread.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If a bucket isn't big enough, toss it into your jacuzzi tub. Oh yah, make sure the water jets aren't turned on! :lmao:
Anthony said:
Take the tire off, and dip it into a very large bucket to look for the leak...

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
that just happen to me on my snow tire

first i want to the day car adviser. he said they don't fix flates from tires that they don't sale.

then i tried on another desk the night car adviser. before i said any thing i gave him 10.00 and said whats up with the other adviser.
bad personally anyway the night guy was so grateful i gave him the 10.00 he fix the flat. by saying let them see how bad it was then he came back to me and said it wasn't bad so they fix it no charge. tiping this guy was like a stroke of magic that all i can say. he is my best friend know told me when i come in for a oil change he will give me a lower price a discount. i can't believe it oil change is going to be at 3,000 miles from my 1250 check up
i will let you know how much he charges me.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: that just happen to me on my snow tire

bobm3 said:
first i want to the day car adviser. he said they don't fix flates from tires that they don't sale.

then i tried on another desk the night car adviser. before i said any thing i gave him 10.00 and said whats up with the other adviser.
bad personally anyway the night guy was so grateful i gave him the 10.00 he fix the flat. by saying let them see how bad it was then he came back to me and said it wasn't bad so they fix it no charge. tiping this guy was like a stroke of magic that all i can say. he is my best friend know told me when i come in for a oil change he will give me a lower price a discount. i can't believe it oil change is going to be at 3,000 miles from my 1250 check up
i will let you know how much he charges me.
bobm3 ;) ;)

was this at life quality bmw??

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you drive your bMW like most of us drive ours,hard at least some of the time.Pluging a flat tire is not the way to go,no matter how small the hole is.The right way is to patch the tire from the in side if you want to keep riding on it for any lenth of time.
good luck
vern

1 - 11 of 11 Posts