E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 325CI covertible began leaking on the passenger side this week. It has never done that. It was not where the window meets, it is about an inch inside of that, where it latches down. This was not a mild leak, it was bad enough that I had to put a rag up in there, and I noticed when I turned, it poured out more, like it was getting trapped in there somewhere. I opened it slightly, and relocked it, and it still leaked.....My problem is I made arrangements to take it in, but when I put a hose on it a couple days later, it did not leak? I know what the service guys will say, if they can't replicate it, there is no problem. Any ideas why it would do this? Should I take it in anyway, can they see if there is a bad seal up there? I guess I will just need to wait for the next rainfall, which should not be long as I live in Oregon, and see if it occurs again. I want it covered while still under warranty...Anyone else with a vert had this happen?
Thanks
Angie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Happens to me, but only in car washes

It happens to me exactly the way you describe it in car washes, but not in the rain or under normal hose pressure. Try spraying the car with a hose on the seam and see what happens . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts