E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Power Steering Pressure Hose (p/n: 32412282103) has developed a slow leak and I was wondering if I should shell out for a OE replacement (for it to leak again in the not so distant future) or take it to Enzed to get it repaired.

Anyone got any experiences with Enzed before?

Cheers,
[SeN]

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have this exact issue at the moment. I also need a new rack though so it'll be a mechanic job to fix it. I was planing to buy a hose from a wrecker.

I'm interested to hear if someone like enzed can help and for how much.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Have had to replace it in all three E46 BMWs i've owned. Its expensive and a pita, but if you've gotta do it - it should only be once during your ownership - i went OEM each time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did mine back in 2007 and it hasn't leaked since but I hear you re enzed! its an expensive part for what it is.
Lol Yeh its an expensive crap part at that...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sen,

I contacted 247 spares in the UK just to see what would happen. It's AUD$40 + shipping for a used one for me.

It's $275 used in Aus and $475 new. God I hate BMW Aus so much.
Thanks postal, will shoot them a email as well. Might as well order a interior console or something whilst im at it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have had to replace it in all three E46 BMWs i've owned. Its expensive and a pita, but if you've gotta do it - it should only be once during your ownership - i went OEM each time.
Thx man sounds like its a very common issue across the e46 board.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lots of people say 247 spares is a borderline scam site. I'll buy from a local wrecker
Thanks for the heads up man. I will hit up Clickable Automotive and see what he can get new.

·
Registered
51 Posts
try places like ASV and the other wreckers too.

I've dealt with ASV for a refurb AC compressor and they were good. I just ordered my hose from parramatta prestige ($95 vs $275 from ASV used). ASV had new hoses ($475 for my 318i) too.

edit: sh*t. Didn't think clickable did pressure hoses. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
try places like ASV and the other wreckers too.

I've dealt with ASV for a refurb AC compressor and they were good. I just ordered my hose from parramatta prestige ($95 vs $275 from ASV used). ASV had new hoses ($475 for my 318i) too.

edit: sh*t. Didn't think clickable did pressure hoses. Oh well, I'll know for next time.
cheers for the recommendations man. I decided to go new cause Lucas made me a great offer so props to Clickable Automotive! Great to deal with & great prices too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,649 Posts
That's a pricey hose!

I'm curious what this Enezed repair is? Do they recrimp the joints tighter, or replace the entire rubber portion of the hose or something?

Was your steering affected much, or was it just leaking fluid?

If the latter, I'll just say that often on things like this, it's cheaper to live with the leak and just replace the fluid. Also, I'll say that I thought I had a minor seeping in my version of that hose...turned out to be dripping oil that was just settling around the crimps. But now, I'm going to have to have a look again!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a pricey hose!

I'm curious what this Enezed repair is? Do they recrimp the joints tighter, or replace the entire rubber portion of the hose or something?

Was your steering affected much, or was it just leaking fluid?

If the latter, I'll just say that often on things like this, it's cheaper to live with the leak and just replace the fluid. Also, I'll say that I thought I had a minor seeping in my version of that hose...turned out to be dripping oil that was just settling around the crimps. But now, I'm going to have to have a look again!
Doesn't affect it a lot but its a very slow leak that is kinda annoying and needs to be addressed eventually.

Not too sure how Enzed will fix the leak, but from the phone convo i had was that they can replace the hose if needed too but generally its the clamps/crimps.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,649 Posts
I'll say this. It's a monster hose, it is incredibly unlikely that it will blow apart or anything.

It does need to be addressed eventually, but that literally could be quite a while...like years. Just saying. Also, just saying, the ps system is easy(ish) to work on...at least on a non-M it is. But even though the reservoir seems to be hiding deep down, I'm sure it's relatively accessible from underneath. Drive half of the car on a curb and do it on a cardboard box yourself. Study up a bit, of course, but pretty much it's lefty loosey and that's about it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.