BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 bmw 330 ci that i bought about 8 months ago and the first time i did a oil change within the car i noticed the oil light was yellow meaning that the oil was low but actually it wasn't. it was a brand new oil change from the shop. after the oil change i decided to get my a/c fixed due to the hot weather in the south and it was blowing just fine until one night i drove on the freeway pushing about 100 mph exiting the freeway to get gas and all of a sudden white smoke comes rising from the hood and the a/c was still fine at that point unitl i drove home at regular speed to encounter a loud exploding noise like a shot gun sound. i thought that it was a loud fireworks due to it being the forth of july but then i smelled some weird smell coming from the vents so i raised the hood and noticed white liquid all over my engine and hood due from my radiator hose from coming off. then brought it to the dealer the next morning and he told me that my engine headers may be warped due to a oil leak which may have leaked into my coolant causing it to explode. so i told him to to a flush and pressure check and he stated that he didnt find a leak but its somewhere????? WTF??? so just got it towed to my house and now brown liquid stiff is coming out of my radiator hoses and also the lower two lines on the driver side of my car. i figured i would let the brown stuff drain out of the car but then i noticed that the tranny stop shifting into gear so now I'm thinking that it was my transmission fluid that was brown leaking out everywhere. I'm lost and dont know what to do i need major help here any solutions will most def help me HELP!!!!!!!:banghead::eek:::facepalm:

·
Registered
844 Posts
This definitely sounds like a head gasket. You should have stopped immediately when you saw smoke coming from your engine. Didn't you notice your coolant temp needle rising? Aluminum heads are great at rust protection, however they are sensitive to extreme heat.

Chances are you will need a new engine, I think most people just swap a newer one in instead of taking the time to replace the HG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts