BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So long question short: my car came with Bi-Xenon and auto leveling lights. Do I need the same part number LCM to replace my broken one?

I have an 02 325Ci with Bi-Xenon headlights and the auto-leveling feature as well. My LCM went out a couple of months back, so I got a replacement, a used one off of another 325Ci. What I didn't do was ensure that the part numbers were the same. Lo and behold, they're different part numbers. My xenons work fine, all lighting works fine, but I don't have bi xenon capability, nor do they adjust vertically.
I picked up a BMW Scanner to see if I could code anything on there, but there's no bi xenon option to check. Now, I've read about retrofitting bi xenon lights on cars that don't have them and it mentioned reflashing the LCM; is there a way to flash this used LCM in order for it to work with bi xenon? I checkmarked the auto adjusting headlight feature thing, but they are still not adjusting. Did I miss something? Is the only way to get things back up and running like before to get a matching part number LCM? I also need help with an error that I receive when using PA Soft 1.4. I get an error saying "error lcm fa." Any idea what this means?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,085 Posts
What year and model E46 is the replacement LCM from? You always want one the same or newer than your original. I would get the correct one.

Do you also have the tamper dot illuminated next to the odometer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year and model E46 is the replacement LCM from? You always want one the same or newer than your original. I would get the correct one.

Do you also have the tamper dot illuminated next to the odometer?
To answer the question about the tamper dot, it did have it at first, but I got rid of it via PA Soft 1.4
And I do believe the LCM said it also came off an '02 325Ci. Again, when you look at the sample pictures posted in all of the DIY's for PA Soft, you see a whole bunch of options including the bi-xenon, but with this one it's relatively small selection. I'm also not sure what the whole "LCM: FA reading error" is all about.

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of the car's VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Click on the electrical icon (not lighting) and then scroll down about 2/3s of the way. You'll see a section called "switch unit, light." There are several configurations of lighting control modules (LKM), so read the specs closely to find your correct part #. You should also be able to see which LKM came from the 325.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of the car's VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Click on the electrical icon (not lighting) and then scroll down about 2/3s of the way. You'll see a section called "switch unit, light." There are several configurations of lighting control modules (LKM), so read the specs closely to find your correct part #. You should also be able to see which LKM came from the 325.
Thanks for that info. I am just a tad bit confused, though. My car's factory LCM part number is 6919844, and it doesn't show up on that site. The one I currently have on it is part number 6131-6901432, and that one also doesn't show up in that list. They're both like the bottom right LCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts