E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I just upgraded my E46 (02/2000) from halogen to OE used xenon headlights.
When I wanted to code my LCM for xenons with NCS, the option for xenon headlights does not exist when looking through options with NCS Dummy.
Headlights work normally (i expected flickering with car turned on), except when i first turn the key, i get headlight faults on the cluster. Turning the headlights on gets rid of faults.

Is there a possibility that i can fry my bulbs, or is everything ok?

Lcm is LSZ.C28

·
Registered
2005 330xi, Jet Black w Black Interior
155 Posts
Look for BMW Scanner 1.4 on this site. You will need to get an OBD adapter to work with it. It's not expensive. This combination will do what you want to do without having to translate German.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look for BMW Scanner 1.4 on this site. You will need to get an OBD adapter to work with it. It's not expensive. This combination will do what you want to do without having to translate German.
NCS dummy already translates almost everything from german to english. So far from my research, coding lcm for xenon is just turning off cold and hot bulb checks...is that correct?

·
Registered
2005 330xi, Jet Black w Black Interior
155 Posts
NCS dummy already translates almost everything from german to english. So far from my research, coding lcm for xenon is just turning off cold and hot bulb checks...is that correct?
No, I believe it's not correct. You have to tell the car that you have xenons. PASoft's BMW Scanner 1.4 has that capability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts