BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest Pictures of my car. Since the last post and pictures I have had Eibach Sport Springs fitted, changed my old Alpine screen to the brand spanking new Alpine IVA-D900R in dash screen.

Other small changes have been the removal of the standard black cube trim for the silver aluminium look and to add a holder for my Sony Ericsson phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
Rathian said:
Latest Pictures of my car. Since the last post and pictures I have had Eibach Sport Springs fitted, changed my old Alpine screen to the brand spanking new Alpine IVA-D900R in dash screen.

Other small changes have been the removal of the standard black cube trim for the silver aluminium look and to add a holder for my Sony Ericsson phone.

nice pix..is that like a two-tone tint or is that just the angle? can you control the unit with your steering wheel as well?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a two tone tint, chrome to black was what I think the company called it.

The unit is controllable via the steering wheel exactly the same as the BMW radio was. The phone is not hooked up to the system, i just use a Bluetooth headset.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it your talking about the screen.

No i didn't fit it myself, don't have the skills involved. My local ICE dealer Max Audio of Cannock fitted it for me and sorted the housing surround aswell along with the custom cabling required for the Alpine system to interface with the Harmon Kardon Speaker upgrade package.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nice!

Nice wheels! I hope your calipers aren't rusty - I've posted elsewhere about how I had to spray my calipers as I got my car with those wheels on (AC Schnitzer Type 3 Racing yeah?) and you could see right through to the crappy BMW rusty calipers!

I was choosing between my car and a new 330ci conv with the wheels you had before, I still like your old wheels sometimes when I see them out but always end up preferring the schnitzers. How did you get the BMW caps in the middle of the wheels? Off your old ones?!

Watch out for the dust caps if they are schnitzers - people steal them, mine went recently and can't find anyone who stocks them!

BTW - those wheels are about 6 or 700 quid each aren't they? I bought my car ex-demo with them on, got Schnitzer body kit, exhaust surround, mirrors, gear shift and handbrake also.

Rathian said:
Latest mod, photo taken 5 minutes after install, suspension hasn't finished settling back down after being jacked.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice wheels! I hope your calipers aren't rusty - I've posted elsewhere about how I had to spray my calipers as I got my car with those wheels on (AC Schnitzer Type 3 Racing yeah?) and you could see right through to the crappy BMW rusty calipers!
Yeah, had noticed but hadn't really given it much thought as to what to do with them. Was possibly thinking of painting the calipers red.

I was choosing between my car and a new 330ci conv with the wheels you had before, I still like your old wheels sometimes when I see them out but always end up preferring the schnitzers.
I liked my old wheels to start with, but after 10 or so washes i began to hate them. Then along came all the other sport models with the exact same wheel and you didn't stand out any more. This style of wheel is more exclusive in my area at least.

How did you get the BMW caps in the middle of the wheels? Off your old ones?!
The wheels came with them in the box.

Watch out for the dust caps if they are schnitzers - people steal them, mine went recently and can't find anyone who stocks them!
Been there with my old Volvo i customised up, seemed a phase the local kids were going through as i "lost" 12 sets in 4 weeks then nothing for the next year.

BTW - those wheels are about 6 or 700 quid each aren't they? I bought my car ex-demo with them on, got Schnitzer body kit, exhaust surround, mirrors, gear shift and handbrake also.
They are if bought genuine. I paid £600 shipped for a set of four replica's. The genuine article are way outta my price bracket for now along with all those nice HRE wheels out there.

Do you have any photo's of your car, it sounds like its a lovely machine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking for some mate. Just prefer to not order from the states as i have had a couple of bad experiences in the past from foreign sellers. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
10 Posts
soz for going back a bit here, but did you get the aluminium dash pieces straight from BMW? The old black ones on mine are knackered, looking really ropey now and I really like the look of the silver. How much did it cost you? gonna be slightly different in cost i guess cos the coupes a bit different... i'm not fussed about fitting - would just need the parts... (not gonna bend over and take the cost of BMW fitting it!) :yikes:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I waited and waited and waited and finally someone on Ebay was selling a complete set, got them for £35 in the end.

Coupe sets seem alot easier to get hold of, just be patient.

Alternatively you could try the various for sale sections on other UK forums and BMW websites.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rathian said:
I waited and waited and waited and finally someone on Ebay was selling a complete set, got them for £35 in the end.
35 quid!!!! bargain! was waiting for you to say £££'s! I'll have a check on Ebay now i think! thanks mate. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts