BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed this door cover yesterday... i highly recommend it, especially for the jersey boys... cost less then $5 plus paint.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2 things......

1) how does this install? can you do it yourself?

2) how do you get into your car if the battery is dead?

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
755 Posts
I want to do that....What should I order from the dealer??? The only downside is that I can't roll the windows back up from the Driverside door anymore. I would have to do it maually from the inside.

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
easy install, just pull back rubber cover unscrew alan screw screw this one in... less than 1 minute. if my battery dies, i think i can still crawl in from my trunk. if that doesnt work ill smash my windows...

·
Owner
4,045 Posts
RE:

Thor7000 said:
Better hope your battery never dies, otherwise how will you get in your car??:dunno: :dunno:
That's not something to really worry about. First of all, how often does your battery die? Second, there's something called BMW roadside assistance.

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
part number???

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got my bumper and mirrors painted at the same time... when i was talking to the guy on the phone i told him i just had a bumper and mirrors. he quoted me $250 and then i told him i had that cover. he said just bring it along and he'll paint it at that price of $250... its so small...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Better hope your battery never dies, otherwise how will you get in your car??
thats y u keep the original cover in ur trunk so if it duz jus put it bak on n u can use ur keys again :thumbup:

·
Banned
354 Posts
thought there is no lock hole on passenger side anyway...ah ..sorry forgot you folks in the US have left hand drive cars:D ..so for me I will need to get one for the right door then (my driver door it is):)

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chrz330i said:

thats y u keep the original cover in ur trunk so if it duz jus put it bak on n u can use ur keys again :thumbup:

that really wouldnt help... cause if you cant get your door open and you have it in the trunk, cant replace it on the outside, so your ass is still scrawling up to the front and unlocking the door... hahahahahhaha:lmao:

·
Registered
121 Posts
You mean these things install from the outside of the car??? Anyone can unscrew the stock fixtured with the keyhole while the car is locked? That is scary........

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no, you cant switch the cover to the lock cyclinder from the outside.... you gotta open the door to change them

1 - 20 of 46 Posts