BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about lambo-style lift up doors on my 325CI, wanted to know if any body has had any experience, or any recommedations in consideration to operation and safety... Let me know what you guys think :4ngie::thumbsup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
you will find very few ppl on this forum who will support your decision. goodluck with it if you do it

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
they are practical and sick...but idk..if you look in wikipedia under "rice burner"....it actually has Lambo doors under it...

·
Registered
289 Posts
1. it de-values any car unless it came like that ::lambo:: 2. why 3. you shouldnt have bought a cavalier or a focus i was going to say honda acura but i had a 380ish whp ek hatch so yeah 4. dont ever let anyone but yourself make mod decisions i mean if you have to ask us then hmmm it isnt a good idea is it 5. whyyyyy 6. it really only looks good on lambo's.............. whatever you do remember it reduces the value of your bmw no kit will not wobble forever and yea sorry if my post is poorly written its 3am im dropping a duece and posting from my pda......peace and goodluck

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes they look hella sweet on the coupes. and look OK on the 4 doors if dont properly there is a company i was looking at in the UK that has them made at the time you order them and the are garaunteed not to wobble and are supposed to be extremely stable.

our cars though require the door to be pushed out a bit and then pop up because of our front fenders. i have the link at home Ill post it for you. they are a bit spendy but well worth it and look hella cool.

·
Registered
251 Posts
and actually it doesnt de-value your car. nor does it lower the value. but it doesnt help the value. if you have an accident it is harder to replace those door pieces because you wont be replacing your doors you will just be using a kit. so ye dont let anyone tell you how to mod your car. but it doesnt devalue it. which isnt a word in the first place but whatever.

dont worry about it lowering the value of the car. some people will pay more for those doors some will pay less. and over all no one cares. if you trade it in it will be the same trade in value. either way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
and actually it doesnt de-value your car. nor does it lower the value. but it doesnt help the value. if you have an accident it is harder to replace those door pieces because you wont be replacing your doors you will just be using a kit. so ye dont let anyone tell you how to mod your car. but it doesnt devalue it. which isnt a word in the first place but whatever.

dont worry about it lowering the value of the car. some people will pay more for those doors some will pay less. and over all no one cares. if you trade it in it will be the same trade in value. either way.
Ummmm :rolleyes:. "Devalue" IS a word and it means to lower the value. And, by the way, putting Lambo doors on a BMW will devalue the car at trade in because it will greatly reduce the number of people that might buy the car. The majority of people shopping for cars at dealerships are looking for unmodified cars. I agree that the OP should do what he wants, but he needs to understand the impact.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Any sort of modification devalues the cars future resale price but a LAMBO door will make it worse depending on who you sell to. Keep the doors stock unless you plan on keeping the car in the fam for your grandchildren!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for your opinions, I heard it could cause a safety issue. I will not be doing this job, but just thought it would look nice. Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was told that it might change the characteristics of how a door recieves a hit from the side and it might for example not deploy the air bag.
(sry if I dont make sense, I'm just really sleepy) :)

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I was told that it might change the characteristics of how a door recieves a hit from the side and it might for example not deploy the air bag.
(sry if I dont make sense, I'm just really sleepy) :)
I don't see the logic in that. If ANYTHING it might hinder a safe and easy rescue in the event that you flip your car, but even then your door would probably be too fvcked to open anyways, lol.

Once the door is closed, it's design is the same no matter what kind of hinges are placed on it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't see the logic in that. If ANYTHING it might hinder a safe and easy rescue in the event that you flip your car, but even then your door would probably be too fvcked to open anyways, lol.

Once the door is closed, it's design is the same no matter what kind of hinges are placed on it. :thumbsup:
I Agree, this is all just common sense, I'm just too sleepy to comprehend.
Thanks for the 411.
G'night

1 - 20 of 72 Posts