BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impression...... wow!!! I still have stock sways, yet the body roll left in the car is minimal. It really takes curves very well!! Sam was a real pleasure to deal with. He put up with my constant emails, and was quick to respend to all of them. Big thanks!!! I did my own install, with only a few question marks.....

After setting the car down I noticed that 3 of the center coils in the rear spring rest ontop one another....meaning zero travel from most of the rear suspension??? Is this normal?

I installed the rear purches on the top which means the writting on the spring is installed upside down....normal?

Have some noise coming from the rear... might just be shock valving?? It isn't your traditional "hiss" though. it happens on every little bump and almost sound like a squeek.... However, it changes in duration on larger bumps.... Like the way a shock would... sound normal???

Thanks again for all of your help Sam.... I look forward to doing business with you in the future.... ohh yeah... if you could email me the tracking # on the wheel I would appreciate it.

-Mike

·
Registered
882 Posts
I got mine from sam also, great customer service. I got mine done at a shop so i could blame them for anything that went wrong....but the coils on mine are resting on themselves also so I think its normal.

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,498 Posts
Mine squeak too! It's coming from the rear. I noticed it when I let my friend drive myc ar and he kept stalling everywhere.

Its normal I assume. I have had 2K trouble free miles and I corner very hard sometimes and the car never fails me.

Another thing is to make sure you replaced your RSM's. Thats the most important part.

Good Luck Mike!:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..... Justin, I used the M3 shock mouns with z3 plates.... should be good stuff. I did need a spacer up front cuss I run a 245/35/19....had some rubbage.

-Mike:thumbup:

·
INDEED
1,133 Posts
what RSMs do you suggest and how much are they?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Back to your original questions

After setting the car down I noticed that 3 of the center coils in the rear spring rest ontop one another....meaning zero travel from most of the rear suspension??? Is this normal?
Mine are the same. I thought is was odd at first but there is some suspension travel there, though not much.

I installed the rear purches on the top which means the writting on the spring is installed upside down....normal?
Yep, thats normal. Some folks put the perch on the bottom. Sam confirmed that it's ok either way. I put the perch on top because the install instructions said to do it that way.

Have some noise coming from the rear... might just be shock valving?? It isn't your traditional "hiss" though. it happens on every little bump and almost sound like a squeek.... However, it changes in duration on larger bumps.... Like the way a shock would... sound normal???
Hmmm, my set up doesn't make any noises. Solid as a rock and quiet. Try checking your installation again and make sure everything is torqued down properly.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys... Sam says the noise is normal.... sux... It is really pissin me off.... its the shock comressing....almost sounds like squeeking tho. I'm gonna dynomatt the sh1t outa it.

-Mike:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts