E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my usual Mobil 1 syn 0w 40 oil as my car is over due for an oil change and thought I had an oil filter around to do the oil change. Turns out I don't have the oil filter. I usually order the filters through auhausaz.com and get OEM or similar.

of the retail auto parts places like Autozone etc. do you recommend a place and retail brand of descent oil filter I can pick up today to get this oil change done over the weekend?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep not concerned about that. However nearest dealer is farther away from me than the retail stores so not as convenient.
just buy one from dealer on Monday, you car wont explode if you dont change oil for a week.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Mango I thought of you when I passed BMA yesterday (I get stuff there too including filters :thumbup: ). It was 5:30 so they were already closed however.

And good to know Advance has Mann, seems strange to carry that brand there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mango I thought of you when I passed BMA yesterday (I get stuff there too including filters :thumbup: ). It was 5:30 so they were already closed however.

And good to know Advance has Mann, seems strange to carry that brand there.
How could you not think about Mango? The BMA logo is almost the exact same color as the delicious insides of that wonderful fruit.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
mobile-1 fails in long term. Years!!!

keep BMW oil... future relief mentally into trying guess if oil affecting something in your engine.

Trust me! I tried all them.. Except MOTUL KUBICA USES.

seriously, you own BMW can't even follow the easy procedure to keep BMW OIL & OEM FILTER & BMW COOLANT "blue" ONLY..

I

·
Registered
538 Posts
mobile-1 fails in long term. Years!!!

keep BMW oil... future relief mentally into trying guess if oil affecting something in your engine.

Trust me! I tried all them.. Except MOTUL KUBICA USES.

seriously, you own BMW can't even follow the easy procedure to keep BMW OIL & OEM FILTER & BMW COOLANT "blue" ONLY..

I
Everyone - remain calm! We've answered the OP question on how and where he can pick up an oil filter. There's no need at all to stoke the flames of the never ending "what oil to use" smack down. I'm sure there are over 50 threads on the site already debating what oil to use, most recently a lengthy one in March I believe. BMW's "approved list" of oils can be found on their website, but your vehicle will not spontaneously combust if you choose to put something else in it. Do your own research there is tons out there.

No need to reiterate content that has repeatedly been beaten like a Walmart Piniata. No need to break out the caps lock (even in brief) nor the triple exclamation of thunder.

If the moon is aligned properly tonight. . .there should be a new thread tomorrow morning on what gas to use in an e46 that will have 75 posts by lunchtime.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Everyone - remain calm! We've answered the OP question on how and where he can pick up an oil filter. There's no need at all to stoke the flames of the never ending "what oil to use" smack down. I'm sure there are over 50 threads on the site already debating what oil to use, most recently a lengthy one in March I believe. BMW's "approved list" of oils can be found on their website, but your vehicle will not spontaneously combust if you choose to put something else in it. Do your own research there is tons out there.

No need to reiterate content that has repeatedly been beaten like a Walmart Piniata. No need to break out the caps lock (even in brief) nor the triple exclamation of thunder.

If the moon is aligned properly tonight. . .there should be a new thread tomorrow morning on what gas to use in an e46 that will have 75 posts by lunchtime.
I'm not flaming, it's southern thang... Tell how you think... and also my experience with it.

OP

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
x2. before I read about upgrades, you bet I searched on preventive maintenance and tune ups on oils, filters, etc. so I am not about to change to another oil brand. Mobil 1 syn good enough for me.
thanks for answering my question.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.