BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
25,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alas, the installation begins on my freshly purchased Technik Stage 1 Supercharger from Mr. Samir himself. For those who have been following my "New Era" thread, it is the start of something fabulously delightful.

For those who haven't been following, this is what I recently purchased.

Today, the disassembling began. I assembled a dream team for this installation, as promp3 (trained technician extraordinaire), and FlzRider (Cuban engineering genius with the access to a mill) joined forces to make this possible.

The front fan you see in this photo (for the AC), has to be removed due to the intercooler.

Trusty Technik instructions printed out.

This is where we ran into a bit of a problem. BMW made two different types of power steering pump brackets. One that would of made my life a lot easier, and one that sucks butthole, which is the one I have. The way that the supercharger bracket mounts up, we would need to mill the area marked in red, in order to fit it.

Luckily, I brought in Cuban Engineering Expert, Mr. FlzRider...who happens to have access to a mill at UF's Engineering School.

So for now, we have the intercooler mounted, most of the piping installed, and various plugs and wires taken care of. ECU is being shipped out first thing tomorrow morning, and then we'll go from there. The kit was used, and was sent to me without injectors and an oil line...those parts arrived on Friday, and now during install, we realized there are still several parts missing...but we can make it work. This is how the car currently stands, as we gave up and went to dinner.

Stay tuned for more...

·
Registered
103,522 Posts
lol. In.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
i can see why youre having a problem with the fan, your intercooler isnt bigger than mine, its attached to the frame, the intercooler on my C30 kit is attached to adjustable claps that allow the IC to slide forwards and backwards to clear the fan, its not attached to anywhere else but the clamps

·
Registered
25,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can see why youre having a problem with the fan, your intercooler isnt bigger than mine, its attached to the frame, the intercooler on my C30 kit is attached to adjustable claps that allow the IC to slide forwards and backwards to clear the fan, its not attached to anywhere else but the clamps
Pics? Maybe that's how mine attaches too and we just got it wrong?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Pics? Maybe that's how mine attaches too and we just got it wrong?
id have to pull my bumper off tomorrow, but i'll give it a shot, basically:

the adjustable bracket bolts onto where those two silver bolts are to the left of the fitting that the 50 torx bolts to into, and the intercooler isnt screwed into the frame behind it, allowing it to move around, whats the piping diameter? depending on if its the same size, you might just be able to unscrew the intercooler from the frame and buy a set of brackets from active

·
Registered
25,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I see what you're talking about. It's no big deal, I don't mind removing the fan, I just didn't know if there was an alternate method. This is fine.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts