Spec E46 Rules Ver. 2.7.1 said:15. Tires and Wheels
1. Wheels may be replaced, 17" diameter and maximum width 9".
2. Effective offset (wheel + spacer) minimum of 27mm front, 38mm rear.
3. Minimum wheel weight is 16.2 pounds.
4. Wheel studs and lug nuts may be added.
5. Wheel spacers may be used.
6. Toyo RR 255/40-17 is the required tire.
7. Toyo RA1 235/40-17 may be used instead of the RR.
I wont actually be running in the spec class so legality isn't important, just worried about fitment. I just posted on this sub because I didn't want a bunch of stance people replying lolBased on the rules I don't think they are legal in the rear, min effective offset is 38mm.
thanks, ya I've looked over that page quite a few times and et42 really seems to be where its at with a 9 inch wide wheel but maybe with a fender roll I could make the et35 work.Ahh gotcha, probably a wise call. Can't help you with personal experience but ran across this fitment guide a while back and think it will be helpful. It sounds like you will be fine with enough front camber and some rear fender rolling.
ARC-8 /// Front & Rear: 18x9.5" ET35 with 255/35-18 (mods required) View all E46 Non-M images Vehicle Covered in this Guide1999-2006 E46 sedan, coupe, convertible, and touring. Fitment is ...support.apexraceparts.com