BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the hypergrams in 17x9 et35? Just looking for something a bit different from the arc 8 everyone seems to run. Only thing I'm worried about is the slightly lower offset

·
Registered
14 Posts
Based on the rules I don't think they are legal in the rear, min effective offset is 38mm.

Spec E46 Rules Ver. 2.7.1 said:
15. Tires and Wheels
1. Wheels may be replaced, 17" diameter and maximum width 9".
2. Effective offset (wheel + spacer) minimum of 27mm front, 38mm rear.
3. Minimum wheel weight is 16.2 pounds.
4. Wheel studs and lug nuts may be added.
5. Wheel spacers may be used.
6. Toyo RR 255/40-17 is the required tire.
7. Toyo RA1 235/40-17 may be used instead of the RR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the rules I don't think they are legal in the rear, min effective offset is 38mm.
I wont actually be running in the spec class so legality isn't important, just worried about fitment. I just posted on this sub because I didn't want a bunch of stance people replying lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ahh gotcha, probably a wise call. Can't help you with personal experience but ran across this fitment guide a while back and think it will be helpful. It sounds like you will be fine with enough front camber and some rear fender rolling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh gotcha, probably a wise call. Can't help you with personal experience but ran across this fitment guide a while back and think it will be helpful. It sounds like you will be fine with enough front camber and some rear fender rolling.

thanks, ya I've looked over that page quite a few times and et42 really seems to be where its at with a 9 inch wide wheel but maybe with a fender roll I could make the et35 work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts