E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the highway here in Cincinnati, 71 south. I was about halfway from my home to work, and the highway finally opened up. I tried to go around a very very nice looking GS430, and he did not let me. When I switched lanes to get behind him. I saw him look at me in his mirror, and then just like that he took off. I down shifted gave it everything my car had and he pulled away, and pulled hard. I never could even slow the rate at which he was pulling. I caught up when the traffic slowed him down. The the cars got over, and he did it to me again. I knew I could not take a GS430 on the highway, mostly strait highway at that, but I did not think I would get taken that hard. Oh well, time to either upgrade, or FI.

DJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
DJ'S_PIMP_WHIP said:
I was on the highway here in Cincinnati, 71 south. I was about halfway from my home to work, and the highway finally opened up. I tried to go around a very very nice looking GS430, and he did not let me. When I switched lanes to get behind him. I saw him look at me in his mirror, and then just like that he took off. I down shifted gave it everything my car had and he pulled away, and pulled hard. I never could even slow the rate at which he was pulling. I caught up when the traffic slowed him down. The the cars got over, and he did it to me again. I knew I could not take a GS430 on the highway, mostly strait highway at that, but I did not think I would get taken that hard. Oh well, time to either upgrade, or FI.

DJ
Yeah sure, he had only a couple hundred more HP and torque than you (numbers a little exaggerated). Race a 430 in your 328
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am a big fan of the car, the GS430, and GS400. If I could have afforded that car, when I bought the 328i, I would have bought it instead. So when I had a chance to race it, I had to take it. I figured the guy would not even go, and then I would never see what the car could do. I was as surprised as much as I was happy that he went. I did think I could bring it a little better than I did though. It was still fun though, can't win them all. I admit it, I was OWNED!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
I'm not a big Lexus person, but I have to admit I've always had a thang for the GS400 and GS430 models. :boink:
I would trade my 330 for a fairly new 430 any day and pimp the sh*t out of that car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
i would take a comparable bimmer over a lex any day - especially driving around our curvey mtn roads :) not that i don't think lexus' are sweet. nice plush dependable ride. just not the same..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I have a SC 430,, yea, its a sweet car. I mean the power is there and everything but it doesnt drive like a BMW.

Theres sumthin that bmw's are really good at, that no other company can match.

I even raced the SC in my 330xi. It was close, I had 3 people in my car and the lex had 2. I lost by a car lenght but man was it close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Those L Tuned lexus's are bada$$!!!! The L-Tuned GS430 is a great handling vehicle Lexus (I belive they were using TEIN coilovers..or something of that nature)...and they look impressive...not overdone...very subtle, yet aggressive

L-Tuned IS300 looks nice too !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
the stock gs430 and gs400 are very fast (i have it), but handling sux. l-tuned is ok, but it won't come close to 540i. however with some better mods (those that i have on my gs4), i can run circle around 540i in terms of handling. on canyon runs i have no problem going with all the porsche, so you can imagine.

but of course, i also admit, bimmer is the ultimate driving machine
 

·
P.I.M.P.
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
I raced a gs400, i was even with him, but was able to take it by a car way top end....however, i think a gs430 would own me pretty well without some more performance mods on my part......
 

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
Joined
·
4,180 Posts
We used to have a GS400, it was a 99. The thing was awesome, and very fast :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
rominl said:
i can run circle around 540i in terms of handling. on canyon runs i have no problem going with all the porsche, so you can imagine.

NO I CAN'T IMAGINE.

This post belongs in Lexus parade forums.

Also, thanks for the laugh.
:cartman:
 

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
 

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
Joined
·
4,180 Posts
jk330i said:


NO I CAN'T IMAGINE.

This post belongs in Lexus parade forums.

Also, thanks for the laugh.
:cartman:

Hes talking abuot a well modified GS4, I wouldn't call buls**** so quick, maybe you haven't seen the twin turbo you can get on them :yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I will say this, I am not sure what performance mods can be put on a GS4. I do know a lot about the l-tune. I guess they now have three stages that I would stick to if I had a GS4. That is probably similar to Dinan for BMW. I am sure just like what we can do our cars you can make perform amazingly, but stock that car would be adequate for me. I do like the GS4, it is a Unique car, there is no Toyota version of the car. But all in all I am very happy with my 328i, even with all of the problems I had with the car. BMW is still amazing at waht they do, and Mystic will continue to live on. Honestly I don't think my 328i is as strong as some other non-modded 328i's on the road, but fast anyhow. Also I was laughing at myself as well, when I got spanked, but it made my day better, and go faster. SO I am glad I could give a laugh, especially since I got one.
Always a 3 series lover!
DJ
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Top