BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I know all about that...
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a thread about this the other day but I did searches and could not find it. I know Clem said they would have to reprogram the ignition module(?) or something like that but has anyone had it done? Going from the old style (99-00) key to the new 01-02 style? Also if you did have it done and if its even possible how much did it cost?

·
I know all about that...
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MIKEinTHE323i said:
im curious is there a way for me to press a button and have my windows go up down?

Hold the unlock button for like 5 to 10 seconds for them to go down. You have to stick the key into the door lock and turn it to lock the doors and turn it again to raise the windows.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Orient Blue 3 said:

Hold the unlock button for like 5 to 10 seconds for them to go down. You have to stick the key into the door lock and turn it to lock the doors and turn it again to raise the windows.
really?!? does it work seriously like that???

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been interested about this too....I really like the look of the newer keyfobs.

I talked to the people at the BMW of Honolulu dealership, and well, they told me the same thing about the HID retrofit: "TOO EXPENSIVE NOT WORTH IT!!!"

I'd like to know as well if anyone was successful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts