E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have recently been having problems with the key fob on my bmw 318ci, basically when i go to unlock my car with the key fob, the interior lights come on the passenger door opens and the car starts as per usual, but the driver door does not unlock. Ive tried replacing the battery in the key fob but with no luck. any help would be muchly appreciated:thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
do you have any trouble when you lock the door manually while inside, and then double pull the door handle to open? central locking work? just wondering if the lock itself might be kind of stuck opposed to the problem being your key fob?

·
Registered
971 Posts
It is the door lock solenoid, not the keyfob. Mine does the exact same thing right now. I have the new lock assembly but haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
AFAIK - there are only two options for the ZKE - everything unlocks with the button, or only the drivers side unlocks with the button. I am assuming you are european, so for this to be happening due to some ZKE fault, your car would have to be on stepped unlock and think its a US spec car. Right??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi i have recently been having problems with the key fob on my bmw 318ci, basically when i go to unlock my car with the key fob, the interior lights come on the passenger door opens and the car starts as per usual, but the driver door does not unlock. Ive tried replacing the battery in the key fob but with no luck. any help would be muchly appreciated:thumbup:
Hmm, so, the driver side door doesn't unlock is what you are trying to say when you try to unlock the car with your key fob, right??? Everything else unlocks, ie. passenger door and trunk unlocks?

If this is the case, it may not be a key fob issue. It could be your door lock actuator, or your lock cylinder. It sounds like something with in your door is not working here.

I'm thinking it may be either #1 or #11

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BL32&mospid=47610&btnr=41_1111&hg=41&fg=40

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes its a euro spec, and yes everything else unlocks, i.e passenger and boot. Is there an easy fix for this or is an expensive garage job.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes its a euro spec, and yes everything else unlocks, i.e passenger and boot. Is there an easy fix for this or is an expensive garage job.
It's an easy fix, you can do it yourself. you need to take the actuator and/or the lock cylinder to find out which one is the culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts