E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to transport a bicycle in my trunk the other day. When I went to bungee the trunk shut, I couldn't find a place on the trunk lid to that I could hook onto. It's an '01 325xi. Am I completely missing something, or is there nothing there?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought a similiar product such as below from a local auto store. It was only a few dollars. The metal clip end fits in the trunk latching mechanism, and the other end hooks on the trunks metal ring that would normally latch into the trunks latching mechanism. You then adjust the stap as needed. Attachment shows picture & here's link to one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trunk-Tite-...e-/330802973022?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,994 Posts
On mine, I know if I needed to, I could bend a bungie hook through my latch and then tie down inside the trunk with the tie down "U" hooks I have, but if I was doing this alot, I like that device keaton posted.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Use the screwdriver in your toolkit to "close" the latch in the lid, thereby creating a closed loop through which bungee can hook. Other hook goes on the loop next to the bumper. CAUTION don't forget to press trunk release before slamming lid closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts