BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,348 Posts
i bought an ITG replacement filter from UUC ($52)...i prefer the ITG to the K&N because it has the foam layer like our stock filters...gain is minimal, but there is a *hint* more noise from the intake, and a bit better throttle response...

my stock filter was a bit crusty, so this actually did feel quicker, although i was probably just gaining lost hp...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea because lately my car seems like it hasnt had the same power it usually has and maybe its the filter or spark plugs

·
www.piratecove.org
3,743 Posts
i have a k&n oem replacement filter in the basement collecting dust in the old stock airbox...i prolly should give it to someone...

·
Registered
409 Posts
ill sell my k&n filter for oem airbox for 25.00 i just "recharged" it with oil and stuff, its good to go

·
Registered
40 Posts
The stock filter makes more power then a K&N. It was tested on a flowbence and a new stock paper vrs a new K&N. The stock one flowed more CFM. I am sure that a stock filter WILL NOT flow better when they both have miles on them. But new for new. The stocker is better. i always used K&N filters in all my cars. But on M3forum a guy tried both filters at the track and the stock filter was almost a tenth quicker then the K&N. These were back to back runs on the same day. Look how deep the paper filter is. if it were unfolded it would be a huge surface area. Much larger then the thin K&N. Trust me stay with the stock and change when it needs it. they are pretty cheap. I bought my K&n for 50 bucks and ended up selling it brand new unopened for 25 bucks on Ebay after reading all the test results.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,743 Posts
if someone wants mine i can unload it for $20 + shipping, you might want to pick up a recharger kit on 4filters.com, but this filter doesnt have that many miles on it at all...easily under 1000k.

pm me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts