BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed JVC's latest demo vehicle. In the links below, you'll see before, after, and during fabrication.

Note in the first link the before pics which was completed by another shop. Take special note of their WIRING and abundance of T-Taps.

The links after are during build up, and the LAST link is the completed pics, with many more to come.

ENJOY!

www.streeteffectz.com/jvcprojectpics
www.streeteffectz.com/jvcprojectpics2
www.streeteffectz.com/jvcprojectpics3
www.streeteffectz.com/jvcprojectpics4
www.streeteffectz.com/jvcprojectpics5
www.streeteffectz.com/jvcdemocomplete

·
Registered
117 Posts
WOW! :yikes: :yikes:

Awsome work. :pimpin: You took that plain, boring, messy setup and total did a 360 on it. It look's great. I love seeing pics of the progress of an install like that.

Quick question. About how long does an install like that take? Looks really time consuming.

Anyway... Great job as usual from the SE crew. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
looking at that makes me want to go out to my car right now, at like 11 at night and re do my system. truely another sick job, congrats. also, in that pic of all the wiring in the 5th set of pictures, isn't there distortion due to the power cables being so close to the rca's?

Chrism

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chrismal said:
looking at that makes me want to go out to my car right now, at like 11 at night and re do my system. truely another sick job, congrats. also, in that pic of all the wiring in the 5th set of pictures, isn't there distortion due to the power cables being so close to the rca's?

Chrism
Nope, no noise at all, not even a drop. That's all kind of a myth anyway. If you run them right, you can run power and RCA's side by side with no problem :)

·
Registered
6 Posts

If you run them right, you can run power and RCA's side by side with no problem :)
how do you run them right? i've never gotten static, but then again i've never run them next to each other. do you just have to seperate them when they are next to each other?

Chrism

·
Registered
491 Posts
quick question....what type of fabric did you guys use to start off the mold....that brown stuff in the first couple pics..........I tried to find some decent stuff when I fiberglassed mine stuff...and had to settle for second rate stuff because I couldnmt find any good stuff.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
TDing525i said:
Are exterior pics worth asking for? Rims or anything?
lol... exterior is completely stock. We tried to talk them into atleast wheels, but they didn't follow up on any of that. We tried to explain to them that it will help draw more attention to the truck at shows. You'd think they'd want to do as much as possible to the exterior :dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chrisw said:
quick question....what type of fabric did you guys use to start off the mold....that brown stuff in the first couple pics..........I tried to find some decent stuff when I fiberglassed mine stuff...and had to settle for second rate stuff because I couldnmt find any good stuff.....
It's just very stretchy fleece.

·
Registered
93 Posts

lol... exterior is completely stock. We tried to talk them into atleast wheels, but they didn't follow up on any of that. We tried to explain to them that it will help draw more attention to the truck at shows. You'd think they'd want to do as much as possible to the exterior :dunno:
lol, you would think so??

the exterior is kind of a weird color for a show durango? i mean, you'd hafta be pretty careful with what you did to the exterior for it to look good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really great work. My question is which fabric you've used on the fleece ? I might try the same with polyesther, but on u'r pics I saw some kind of plaster...

greetz from Belgium

1 - 20 of 21 Posts