E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank everyone that post on this site and make dyi’s for people like me to follow and teach how to work on their cars and save money. I have always had an interest in cars but was afraid to do it, my dad would do the occasional oil change and he knows the basic stuff but not really in-depth with it. So when I bought my car 2 years ago come May and I did my spark plugs and oil change I felt awesome...lol I know that sounds stupid to some of you because the knowledge and experience you have is far, far beyond that, for me it was the start of something that now that it has begun, I just want to know more, and more, and more. I sit on this site hours sometimes just going through forums and dyi’s like I’m reading a book waiting for the next page to see what happens next. It makes me want to pull everything out of my car and put each piece back in one at a time with my own two hands. Now, unfortunately it’s not financially possible for me to do that but every chance I get I want to add something new. Especially after reading dyi’s and saying to myself "I can do that” Now granted I’m sure my car may not even need some things changed but they make me want to do it just so I can and know how...lol

Well I think I have gone on enough and I’m sure someone will probably make fun of me for this post but I just really wanted to show my appreciation for every thread, post, reply and comment that is on this website. For someone like me the only people I have to ask my dumb questions to about cars or anything about cars for that matter is on the this website. I may not have someone physically there with me when I’m trying these dyi’s, but I know if I get stuck I can rest a sure if I put a post up someone will either answer it, or send me in the direction I need to go to find the answers. It’s because of this that no matter how worried I might be to attempt some of these things I go for it anyway, we all know a car is a expensive investment so if something happens or goes wrong I know with this site someone will be there to answer my question and help me out. So thank you all again, I’m sure all the newbie’s that get made fun of for posting the same question for the fifty time not knowing there are hundred thread about that same issue already can understand what I’m saying.

:clap: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I feel the same way haha, replace spark plus do a oil change and I will feel like a king. Just makes me want to rip the engine and everything else out and just put it back together for sh1ts and giggles. I'm 19 and every goal I have is based around owning a house with a garage so that I can simply work on my car/cars on my free time.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Most people on this board probably have the same sentiment.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Know the feeling....

Every body here is learning a thing or two and as you spend more time here, you become better at it.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The good thing of this forum. Other than those negative nancys.

Last friday... DIY my water pump, all pulleys, a/c tensioner, all hoses, expansion tank, oil filter housing gasket, temp sensor, ET level sensor, and both belts. Fuel filter changed it 4 months ago. CCV replaced 7 months ago. Bring me my royal sword!!

Not boasting, but I do consider myself a avid DIYer. I don't trust mechanics, especially when my money is involved. I have backyard engine overhaul, tranny droppin, body welding, electronics installing, and suspension slamming experience.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice post.
And, the appreciation is much welcomed.

Just remember to play it forward > Share your experiences & know-how both on and off the forum.

Keep it strong.
Drive with Power!
Yea! ^_^ Lets keep e46 going for next decade. lol

Nice write up OP! I feel same way!

I would definitely had sold my car 2 years ago if it was not for E46Fanatics^
:clap:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, I will have to agree with you OP. All these people on this forum(s) have given me extra confidence to tackle on jobs to keep the car running in good order. I hate to admit this, but I also get a kick out of the smart a$ses and $hit talking that goes on in the forums as well haha.

:ben:=:censor:=:excited:=:lmao:=:rofl:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,778 Posts
You're not a 22 year old tigress, though, are you? Are you a Furrie? You should sign in at the official Furrie thread...it's reasonably safe as OT threads go.

Also, +1 on your thread, I've learned more from here in 2 years than I had my entire prior life...almost!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
One of the reasons why car forums are extremely useful. Nice to see you're learning! Keep it going!

Sometimes I spend my Saturday nights around my car in the garage....maybe call a friend or two over and help me out a bit. Lol

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Great OP. Long live the e46.

I too have learnt a lot from this forum. I can confidently say the BMW e46 is the best of its era and most DIY-friendly luxury entry car ever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts