BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already searched... and I think i know the answer to my question.. but I just want to double check...

I was thinking about going with the supersprint or AA exhaust.. the decision will probably come down to whether or not using the SS straight pips is legal...

from what i've read.. the two "cans" in the undercarriage of the car or both resonators... and people are saying the cats are part of the headers?!? sooo.. does that mean using the supersprint racing pipes won't make my car illegal?? cause if you check websites and stuff they say the racing pipes replace cats and are for racing only.. but then again... everyone here is saying the cats are in the headers... so I'm confused... just seems like what the websites who sell SS stuff are contradicting what people on the boards are saying.... so i'm not sure if maybe using the pipes requires using the SS headers or cutting the cat off of the stock headers or something... or uhh.. :confused: yea.. ?!?

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,669 Posts
from what ive heard, they are illegal...i know a lot of people including me want headers on our car...but if we have headers, we also need the cats ur talking about...because if we dont have the racing cats, we get a fault code...which = gay. thats why a lot of people dont do this mod, its because u need to get both, and both = almost 3k...i think like evosport or turner sell both headers and cats for like 2700...or was it 3700...? anyway, yea, they are illegal, but if u are not in cali, i would get them...
-ALex

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.. so u do have to use their headers with the racing pipes or racing cats.. okay... that sucks...

i guess AA it is... maybe remus.... i just love rolled chrome tips with engraved logos!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts