BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMM, what a difference they make appearance wise. i need to get a digi so i can start taking some pics of my car. anyways i installed one and turned on the lights just to see the difference and holy crap, it looked soo much nicer. not really purplish blue like the 6000, but defenetly a difference compared to the stock zenons
anyways just thought id share, and if anyone is thinking about getting these, i say go for it. i got them from supreme power parts i was part of the GB for 210.

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
hmm, 5400k is the closest i have heard to natural sunlight, so it should illuminate the road much better than the stock ones, or the 6000k and 8000k that people are using.... makes me wish i had got xenons when i ordered :banghead: :D

-brendan

·
Registered
112 Posts
My brother works for osram - do you know the part #?

He's in sales, maybe he can get some samples?

Oop's - Looks like we would need ballists and stuff. Guess its best to stick to a kit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
simsima325 said:
hmm, 5400k is the closest i have heard to natural sunlight, so it should illuminate the road much better than the stock ones, or the 6000k and 8000k that people are using.... makes me wish i had got xenons when i ordered :banghead: :D

-brendan
I thought sunlight was 6500k ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
thxguy said:

I thought sunlight was 6500k ?
During midday the sun's rays equals about 5,500K.

While the "appearance" of the new bulbs is great, what is the "reach" of them compared to the oem? Better yet, how far can you see on a dark night at 80 MPH?

·
X-P-*
294 Posts
I compared 5400k (Kj's) car w/my OEM xenon (4300k) didn't see much difference except on the ground it lights up bluish, but parking next to each other a new person couldn't tell if he had replaced it to 5400k. IMO it's not worth $225.00. I would check out 6000k if you are going for that purpulish/bluish look. We took some pics w/his camera, hopefully he will post them ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for visibility i hardly see a difference compared to stock,

BTW i had my stock xenon and the 5400 k on for about 10-15 minutes straight and u can see a difference.

·
Sofa-king-what
2,029 Posts
my opinion on osram

....acutally i've a philips (code # 85123) on the left eye...that makes a really good bluish light (i think it's a 5400)and a stock osram (4 stock I mean that my dealer give me that:eek: ),on the right eye....but it makes a white-yellow FU****G light......

i changed(luckily) 4 free the entire right beam due to a stone:)yikes: :yikes: )
...but my old philips has gone......
I tried to change both the lamps with philips (code# 85122), not with the 85123 'cuz it's impossible to find them anymore

well... what a surprise when the lamps get hot.... they made a white light........(the catalog tells that they're 4500) as the osram..... but why osram produces a yellow light and philips a white light???? they both have the same graduation of K...(on the sheet....but not in the reality:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: )

I know that there are many diffrent specs for the osram xenon bulbs... (silvanya.....) but the normal osram really sucks..... compared to the other brands.....

I've just buyed philips ultinons from suvlights.com (6000k) i'm waiting 4 them......

when I get them i'll tell you all the difference between my old philips and the new one......

:confused:

·
Sofa-king-what
2,029 Posts
1 more

anyone of you knows the difference between
philiphs d2s 85123 and the 85122........

why they're so difficult to find.... (i found also the 85122+...guess they're the same of 85123..or not:rolleyes: :confused: :bawling: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts