E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping for an E46 330ci for a little while and I found one that looks like it checks out pretty nicely. It's a 2004 330ci, manual, midnight blue, black interior, 126000 kms and seems like it's in very good shape. I don't think it has the sport package but that's okay. I left the deposit barring PPI so as long as that checks out, I'll be getting the car soon. I'm really excited.

I'm not planning too much for mods. I'd like to use the current wheels as winter wheels and buy a set of 18" M wheels and maybe lower the car a bit and use spacers for a nicer stance. I'll definitely be doing some research on these forums.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian :hi:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Indeed, Welcome aboard (but not officially, yet)!

Oh, and:

:pics:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can someone tell me if this car came standard with leather seats? The dealer is telling me they are leather but I have the service history from the BMW dealership and it says "K4SW structure leatherette black" so I'm not sure if that's what is meant by standard leather seats or if this is something rather low end?

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
you want leatherette rather than real leather, believe me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome!! Congrats on the 330ci. You certainly do want leatherette for sure. It sounds like you have it. Hopefully the car checks out!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
No, leather was not standard. Part of the premium package, or available as a stand alone option too.

If it's not leather, call it what it is - vinyl.

BTW, the color is called Orient Blue.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I have real leather and believe me, it's nice for sure, but the maintenance isn't... and if you let it go, it will let you go lol. Leatherette looks nice for twice as long.

·
Registered
221 Posts
you didn't roll up with your supermodel girlfriend and pay cash like the rest of the guys on here?

welcome to the forums

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't picked up the car yet but here are some pictures. What can you tell me about the car from the pictures?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It has the ZSP package. Looks like non-leather. Heated seats. "Facelifted". Has two keys, which is great. Needs a new shift knob (Check out the ZHP knob my friend)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Orient blue facelift coupe - sport package, heated seats, H/K audio....

To me, it looks like leather - it appears to have the double stitching.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Actually if you look close it appears the one in the ignition is the valet key :eeps:
I can't see that well! :D

Orient blue facelift coupe - sport package, heated seats, H/K audio....

To me, it looks like leather - it appears to have the double stitching.
Again, I can't see any stitching. My comment was based on the condition of them...really good condition if indeed they are leather.

OP: There used to be a good comparison photo to show the stitching differences in leather vs leatherette...the photos in the threads I can find do not work anymore though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've been shopping for an E46 330ci for a little while and I found one that looks like it checks out pretty nicely. It's a 2004 330ci, manual, midnight blue, black interior, 126000 kms and seems like it's in very good shape. I don't think it has the sport package but that's okay. I left the deposit barring PPI so as long as that checks out, I'll be getting the car soon. I'm really excited.

I'm not planning too much for mods. I'd like to use the current wheels as winter wheels and buy a set of 18" M wheels and maybe lower the car a bit and use spacers for a nicer stance. I'll definitely be doing some research on these forums.
As soon as I read this, I knew exactly of the car you were talking about, and your pics confirmed it! I just bought my own 330Ci from JJ Motors this Monday! (I saw the car you're getting, too.)

I had them take my car to my BMW mechanic in Surrey for a PPI - he did an amazing job and gave me lots of great info. This is the place: http://www.germanautosports.com/ - if you go, talk to Al and tell him Yura sent ya. Just FYI, JJ Motors has a pretty bad reputation for selling lemons (I knew this going in), so I definitely recommend a full PPI by someone outside of their shop. Also keep in mind the $295 documentation fee.

The only thing I can tell you about that car is that it has quite a few rock chips on the body (not a huge deal, but noticeable) and a full-sized spare in the trunk! Oh and the interior is definitely not leather - it's leatherette.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Kerunt,

That's awesome! I haven't actually been able to see the car yet in person. I'm a geologist and I'm working out of town so I'm relying on this PPI and my friends (who is a BMW nut) opinion. What did you think of the car that I'm looking at? Did it seem nice and clean?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for your car? They're asking $14995 for the car that I'm looking at which seems reasonable enough. For everyone else reading, remember that's a Canadian price!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Kerunt,

That's awesome! I haven't actually been able to see the car yet in person. I'm a geologist and I'm working out of town so I'm relying on this PPI and my friends (who is a BMW nut) opinion. What did you think of the car that I'm looking at? Did it seem nice and clean?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for your car? They're asking $14995 for the car that I'm looking at which seems reasonable enough. For everyone else reading, remember that's a Canadian price!
I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's another angle that shows the seat stitching better. I don't think it's double stitched.

Overall, what do you guys think? They are asking $14,995 CAD. I've done a lot of looking around and I haven't seen many facelifted 330s that are much cheaper. I'm a little bummed that it doesn't have leather seats or the premium package. After looking, it doesn't seem like the ZPP really adds that much to the 330. It seems like a lot of the ZPP options are standard on the newer 330s anyways.

Oh yeah, would the car have the HK sound system and xenon lights? Those are two other things that I'd really like.

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
You dont need or want the premium package. It only adds leather, and that leatherette is really nice in the first place. The person who ordered that car from the factory knew what they were doing. The premium package would have added wood trim (doesnt look good to me) and a ski bag. Other than that... not much IIRC.

Youve got sport, heated seats, sports package (better lights and suspension), and nice silver trim. All very nice things to have.

I think your going to to very well with this car. I really like it! Get some rims and your golden.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Correct, premium package doesn't offer that much to 2004+ 330's as automatic headhights and rain-sensing wipers became standard. Premium would add lumbar, assist, homelink, myrtle wood interior trim (I like the brushed aluminum much better!), etc. Probably missing an item or two. And of course premium adds moonroof and leather, but those 2 could be purchased w/o buying the full premium package.

Need to see a pic of the front end to know if it has xenons, but yes, it does have H/K, I can see the button.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts