BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
657 Posts
I get two Mobil 1 Full Syntec 5qts jugs from Walmart for $45 bux. Done.

·
Registered
26,431 Posts
Don't want to ask the weight...but I'm hoping it's nothing other than M1 0/40...coz if it is other than that...I do not think we need another oil thread...but that's the only M1 oil that should be in our car...and it's LL-01...not sure if any E46 takes the LL-04, but maybe that's supercedes what works for mine, while also being good for later models...so that one I'm not so concerned about.

Intersting that they didn't have bmw branded oil, op, but 5/30 is the wt. of the castrol bmw oil, so you should be fine.

But, if you're adding a qt, I suspect you'll be draining it pretty soon anyway...or are you?

What did you put in before...and if you don't know...you sort of are assuming PO wasn't an idiot who used dino oil...and you should not mix them...so if you've had oil changed yourself, no issue...but if you haven't, and don't know...if it was me...I'd drain and fill as soon as I could get to it...very cheap $50 insurance imho.

Doug

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Is this the same? I want to make sure before I pour this in. They have assured me it's the same but no stealership is trustworthy.
The coolant I bought at the dealership also has MINI written all over it. The guy said its the same as the "BMW" coolant.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
BMW owns Mini, grow up. It does not matter. It is 5w-30 and obviously it's approved by BMW for some BMW made vehicles even if the formulation is not exact (it is in fact the same). No one made you buy it.

http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-ex...gory_id/171/search_year/2010/search_model/206
man chill out. No need to tell the OP to "grow up" because he asks a question.

Its the same oil, just labeled for Mini's, like everyone else said, as long as its 5-30 and LL-04 you're golden.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
so WTF do you do with the extra 3.5 Quarts every time?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ok so I picked up 7 qts or Castrol synthetic 10w-30. Is that good?

My car info- last two oil changes have been done with non-synthetic oil and the car has 148500 miles. Should I be ok?

·
Registered
26,431 Posts
Ok so I picked up 7 qts or Castrol synthetic 10w-30. Is that good?

My car info- last two oil changes have been done with non-synthetic oil and the car has 148500 miles. Should I be ok?
Sorry, but don't think that's on list.

Use title search for "approved oils" n you'll find two threads with lists of about 40 ll-01 oils...you 'should've use one of them...technically, that is.

Sent from my ADR6300 using BimmerApp

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
E-XLVI and rkshalati both got it wrong. You gotta wonder why some people find something as simple as getting the right spec oil so hard??:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts