BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Party Times!
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my car today and decided to let my dad drive it. He redlines it through the first 3 gears going up a hill:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Now my ****ing clutch is probably changed to ****.:cry:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Your clutch will not need to be changed. But your father needs a talking to about new cars breakin periods

·
Registered
290 Posts
Keep it under 3k RPM for about 1200 miles--I think that is what the manual suggests.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
My brother did the same thing when I first got my car, and everything seems fine. I looked at it this way: He's my brother, he's the only one I've got, so who cares!!??

·
Party Times!
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i hoped so, the car smelled like **** for 10 minutes afterward smelled like something was burning:banghead: :banghead: :tsk:

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
how come you only got a 2002 now? people have been getting 2003's for a while already..?

·
Party Times!
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked it up in Europe in september and drove it around there for a month, it even came back to America with the euro plates still on it.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
g2go1818 said:
yea i hoped so, the car smelled like **** for 10 minutes afterward smelled like something was burning:banghead: :banghead: :tsk:
Sounds liek someone can't shift either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts