BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my whole cooling system done today at the shop, all new GENUINE parts.. except one and that’s the radiator. Only thing I’m concerned of is he put a behr radiator in, and ive heard of fitment issues on these back in 2015-2016. Can anybody vouch how they fit in a automatic ? Any leaks ? Is it a hit or miss with these ? Geniune vs Behr vs Nissens? Ugh maybe I’m overthinking 😭

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So I got my whole cooling system done today at the shop, all new GENUINE parts.. except one and that’s the radiator. Only thing I’m concerned of is he put a behr radiator in, and ive heard of fitment issues on these back in 2015-2016. Can anybody vouch how they fit in a automatic ? Any leaks ? Is it a hit or miss with these ? Geniune vs Behr vs Nissens? Ugh maybe I’m overthinking
I've heard of Behr fitment issues so I went with Nissens 3 years ago in mine and has been good so far. Not sure who the oe manufacturer is for the genuine BMW. I know Nissens and Behr were made in China. But I have FCP Euro's lifetime warranty so no worries. Radiator job is an hour tops.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Few years back, tried two Behr radiators (different sources in different states); both had the same issue and did not fit. Went with Nissens and fit fine. Had the seller raise with Behr directly and confident they resolved the issue and flushed bad inventory long ago. My experience with Behr quality has been positive and I'm confident in their brand. Stuff happens sometimes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Few years back, tried two Behr radiators (different sources in different states); both had the same issue and did not fit. Went with Nissens and fit fine. Had the seller raise with Behr directly and confident they resolved the issue and flushed bad inventory long ago. My experience with Behr quality has been positive and I'm confident in their brand. Stuff happens sometimes.
Yeah I was going to say it’s 2020.. I’m sure after all the issues they heard of they’ve fixed it and scraped the old inventory as it’ll cause business issues on there side if they don’t . Thanks for confirming, anybody else order a behr in 2020 so far ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
So I got my whole cooling system done today at the shop, all new GENUINE parts.. except one and that’s the radiator. Only thing I’m concerned of is he put a behr radiator in, and ive heard of fitment issues on these back in 2015-2016. Can anybody vouch how they fit in a automatic ? Any leaks ? Is it a hit or miss with these ? Geniune vs Behr vs Nissens? Ugh maybe I’m overthinking 😭
They can all have issues. Depends on who fits them. So I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
2,476 Posts
Not all Behr products are from SA, I wish they were!
In fact most of the E30 HVAC plenums were from SA.

Most Behr stuff is Chinese

·
Registered
E39 E90 E46 F10
5,048 Posts
What more feedback are you looking for?

Yes you're over thinking this. They had fitment issues circa 2015 but apparently yours fit in 2020. I think you're good.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Yes you're over thinking this. They had fitment issues circa 2015 but apparently yours fit in 2020. I think you're good.
If the garage did it and it leaks you have something to go back on. If it's in and not leaking, it sounds like fitment was a non issue. Open and shut case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I’m looking for people who installed them this year to compare and see if there’s fit good. I’m not worried it’s all covered I Just don’t wanna look at the coolant system for a while🤣

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Lot of people probably fitting their radiator onto a broken mount or completely missing. I used a Behr radiator and it was fine. Also used one in a 5 series and it fit fine too.

·
Registered
E39 E90 E46 F10
5,048 Posts

to everyone in here curious this is what I’m talking about Behr fitment issues
And that's from 7 years ago. I don't think they would have been deaf to 7 years of warranty claims if they produced the same bad batch to today. You're good.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
2,476 Posts
Did you buy a radiator?
Put it in.

Waiting on the fence for more answers?
Buy a Nissens and call it a day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you buy a radiator?
Put it in.

Waiting on the fence for more answers?
Buy a Nissens and call it a day.
Picked up the car today and radiator was flush with no issues and they also updated it with a trimmed roundel where the self tapping screws go. No leaks. All set over here I’ll keep this updated after a week to let you know if it leaks or not but should be 99.9% good😀

1 - 18 of 18 Posts