BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just moved to Culver City from San francisco. I am wondering who the best dealer is to take my car to. i dont necessarily mind driving a little further to get a good dealer. Right now I am just starting mods and have a few Dinan parts ECU/CAI/TB and a SS exhaust so no big deal but I will be starting on bigger projects soon. Can you guys share your experience and sevice reps names so I can find the right place. I am actually have some serious ticking under the valve covers that started after or during the drive down here. I bought the car CPO so I would like to still use whatever parts of the warranty that I dont totally void. Lis of mods
UUC Short Shifter (waiting for time to install)
RE WSR(waiting for time to install)
3.46 diff (just need to find one now)
LSD
RD,UUC sways
springs + konis
18's + BBK
engine swap
major NA work or SC or both

thanks

Carlos

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stay away from Santa Monica BMW...it's full of retarded service advisers and imcompetant mechanics.

·
Euro.Techniks
4,195 Posts
patch06 said:
Hi Everyone,
I just moved to Culver City from San francisco. I am wondering who the best dealer is to take my car to. i dont necessarily mind driving a little further to get a good dealer. Right now I am just starting mods and have a few Dinan parts ECU/CAI/TB and a SS exhaust so no big deal but I will be starting on bigger projects soon. Can you guys share your experience and sevice reps names so I can find the right place. I am actually have some serious ticking under the valve covers that started after or during the drive down here. I bought the car CPO so I would like to still use whatever parts of the warranty that I dont totally void. Lis of mods
UUC Short Shifter (waiting for time to install)
RE WSR(waiting for time to install)
3.46 diff (just need to find one now)
LSD
RD,UUC sways
springs + konis
18's + BBK
engine swap
major NA work or SC or both

thanks

Carlos

thats funny my cuz lives out there and I was out there in beginnng of December......can't help you out with any dealers but I do know where to get the best coffee at....Starbucks on Overland....hes one of the managers

The Bally's there is of da hook....4 levels...I was amazed......

best of luck and next time I'm out there I'll be sure to shout out a fellow fanatic......lata

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hear Long Beach is a good dealer thats not too far away. Do not go to SM.. they are terrible. Maybe South Bay (haven't heard any horror stories (yet))...

Welcome to Culver City! :)

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,983 Posts
DropTopBM said:

Post wh0re, tell him what dealer to go to!

haha jk
:flipoff: :flipoff: haha. Anyway, South Bay BMW is where I go (closest to my house). Both times I've gone, everyone's been very polite to me and gave me some good service. :thumbup:

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,068 Posts
long beach has dinan so i would assume that they are good mod friendly dealershiP! :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to Culver City!

I've been to Nick Alexander (downtown LA), Pacific (Glendale), and New Century (Alhambra). All three are good so take a pick. As mentioned, DO NOT GO TO SANTA MONICA BMW. People say Beverly Hills BMW sucks, too.

If you like Mexican food, try Tito's tacos on the corner of Sepulveda and Washington Place. There's a great pastrami sandwich place just around the corner from Tito's called Johnnies.

Hey Ziv, what's up? Long time no talk.

·
Banned
925 Posts
Dude I just bought my car 2 weeks ago and went to every dealer possible (and I mean every dealer). I ended up buying from South Bay BMW (right next to my house). Theyre great over there, everyone is real nice. I advise go there for any help. Hope it helps

·
Registered
154 Posts
So far, Crevier BMW in Santa Ana Auto Mall is the best experience you'll have at a dealership. They have good service reps, and the mechanics know a lot about the cars. However, im not to sure about their attitudes towards modifications (if they honor the warranty after modification). Dinan products for sure. And get ready to whip out some cash.

Welcome to Cali

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mdk330i said:
Welcome to Culver City!

I've been to Nick Alexander (downtown LA), Pacific (Glendale), and New Century (Alhambra). All three are good so take a pick. As mentioned, DO NOT GO TO SANTA MONICA BMW. People say Beverly Hills BMW sucks, too.

If you like Mexican food, try Tito's tacos on the corner of Sepulveda and Washington Place. There's a great pastrami sandwich place just around the corner from Tito's called Johnnies.

Hey Ziv, what's up? Long time no talk.
Sup MDK... ya Tito's tacos rocks :) haven't been there in a while ever since I work in Northridge now... :(

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info. Like some one has said before, Sales and Service are 2 totally different things. I bought my car at SF BMW(used) and it went great but the service people were lame. Never called back, even after leaving couple of messages. Had to wait in line for ever even with appointment, and acted like you didnt know **** about cars. I think my list is down to
Pacific,
Long Beach,
Nick Alexander,
South Bay.
Since I want to build a relationship with the dealership I wonder is anyone has some contacts at any of these. Where do all the heavily modded cars go and have no hassles down here in LA area

thanks

Carlos

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
patch06 said:
Thanks for all the info. Like some one has said before, Sales and Service are 2 totally different things. I bought my car at SF BMW(used) and it went great but the service people were lame. Never called back, even after leaving couple of messages. Had to wait in line for ever even with appointment, and acted like you didnt know **** about cars. I think my list is down to
Pacific,
Long Beach,
Nick Alexander,
South Bay.
Since I want to build a relationship with the dealership I wonder is anyone has some contacts at any of these. Where do all the heavily modded cars go and have no hassles down here in LA area

thanks

Carlos
it may be difficult to find a dealer who will be cool with all of your aftermarket mods...

i like New Century
South Bay is OK
Long Beach is OK

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,068 Posts
DO NOT GO TO PACIFIC TRUST ME ON THIS ONE DO NOT >.... A LOT OF FANATICS ON THE BOARD WILLL AGREEE!!!! if you like super fast service you can always give it to century west bmw.. fast as in same day service without an appointment sometimes !! for a window regulator we would leave the car in @ 7:30 am and pick it up like 3 or 4 ! talk about prompt service! :thumpup: but dont go to pacific they dont know what tehy are doing, they are disorganized and they are very rude people!

·
Watch Fanatic
486 Posts
Welcome to SoCal, if you don't mind head over the hill, the valley has a bunch of good dealers and there are a handful of REAL good independent workshops as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I forgot to say that New Century in Alhambra is mod-friendly. Ask for John Velarde. Nice guy but he's busy because everyone asks for him.

Hey Ziv, sorry to hear that you have to go out to Northridge.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i was asking nick alexander and they said said that if i mod my casrt and they can proove that it was the mods fault..they will void warrenty..sorta pissed me off the guy said if you change your wheels it cvan void your warrenty.. i go so if i buy new tires and my engine breaks its because of the tires? lol hes like no but if you change suspension and causes something to break i dont know he was sorta being a *****

1 - 20 of 20 Posts