BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little worried about the "race" being too loud, but with the windows up, I can barely hear a difference. By the way, I left the resonators on. With the windows down, it's another story.....the sound is sweet.:pimpin: I can't say I notice a performance increase, though. Oh well. Install was $50 at Car Boutique.......much better than the $225 the local "European car" shop tried to charge me. When I laughed, he said "Well I'm not going to do it for free!" What an ass! :lmao:

·
Registered
322 Posts
How does the "race" withour resonator removed compare in volume with other exhausts you've heard - stock 330, Remus, Dinan, etc.?

I'm trying to decide whether to remove the resonator with my "HP". I almost ordered race without the sound pipes like you did, but I was afraid it would be too loud. Seems like the resonator makes a big difference.

By the way, how long did it take to get your exhaust.

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to change my review a little....

Now that I've driven it more, I can definitely tell the difference. It's definitely deeper. My roommate has a 330, and mine is a tad bit deeper. It might take some getting used to, but I like it so far. I'd also have to say I think I noticed a little power increase on the highway. Lastly, it took 2 days becuse it was in stock.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
nice, how much deeper do you think it would be with a 330 and that exhaust?

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would assume that it would be too much for me if I had a 330. It's all about personal taste. I like mine because it's not noticable at idle or under partial throttle, but at WOT, it's perfect.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Mano... so you said that ur car sounds deeper than the 330 one...does he have the same exhaust as well?the HP one...
I'm planning tho get the race with the sound pipes...I talked to John yesterday from eisenhaus and he said race is not louder than HP, but is deeper....
Also did you get the sound pipe option?
how much was yours?

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not get the sound pipes. My roommate's 330 just has the stock exhaust on it. What I was saying was that my car with the Eisenmann is deeper than the stock 330. Remember that I have a 325. I don't think the difference between race and HP, sound wise, will be much of a difference. My price was the same as the website..........I don't think anyone is getting any deals.

·
Just Marinatin'
2,912 Posts
what size pipes?

Did you get the 83mm? If so then where are the pics? I want to see these 83 on a non M E46 before I buy them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am wondering if the 330 engine is inherently louder than the 325 (a little more displacement) or if the 330 exhaust is just louder. Remember the 330 exhaust has the flap and the 325 doesn't. I'm wondering if the flap is only on the 330 because the 330 OEM muffler has less sound deadening material than the 325 OEM muffler or if the mufflers are the same and the 3.0 engine is significantly louder than the 2.5 engine and the flap is was needed for the 3.0.

Does anyone know the answer to this???

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the 76mm tips.....

when I first saw them :yikes: I was like **** those are big. I like them now, but I still think they are a bit large. I'll post pics later. Again, I think it's more about personal taste. Compared to the stock tips, they are much larger, and I personallly would not go any bigger than the 76mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts