BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Bi Xenons into my car with a Dinan Intake. I have a little piece that is made for regular 00-01 xenon equipped cars, however it is very short and there isnt much travel on the actual xenon ballast itself to mount it somewhere. If anyone can provide me with a fix this would be greatly appreaciated. Also I heard DInan has a differen brakcket What does it look lie and where does it go? Im going to leave the ballast dangling because I dont think it can do anything besides knock around bumping the intake. PLEASE HELP! ANY FIX WILL BE APPREACIATED. I have work tomm and a long drive and the ballast will be dangling so if you tell me what I can do as a temp solution you will be saving me a tremendous headache!

Thanks,
Justin:thumbup:

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
well, if u got the dinan intake from a dealer, go back and return it cause you are suppose to have the 02+ model which places the ballast in a different spot.

if not, you are going to have to make a custom bracket. someone here did it with parts from Home Depot or something...

i believe he got a bracket that was long enough so that ballast wiring could reach.

good luck.

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
or u could do what he says...

:D

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAMN! Is there another bracket. I heard there is a small one for 00-01 cars and a longer 1 for 02-current cars. Also where can i order that update kit for. Looks like my ballast is going to be dangling for the next couple weeks! DAMMIT!

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
screw that update kit, do this:

get the E46 M3 xenon ballast bracket and plastic cover (sorry i dont have the PNs handy) for the drivers side, cost about 15 bucks and looks prettier. Find a pic of an E46 engine bay, and you wil see a black box in front of the strut tower; thats what im referencing.

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DUDE!!!! You are the best....going to go look at AWEZM's M3 right now! If you could locate those p/n's it would be great. I have the ballast dangling and I just drove at over 125mph to work so iwonder if it got tossed around. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok....Just checked AWEZM's M3, his Xenon Ballast has a reallly long wire which allows it to be mounted up and away from the intake. My Xenon has a very short wire so basically I lodged it in between my intake and the headlight and it really doesnt move at all. I am safe for now....but I do eventually want to get a fix.

I also need p/n's for the wire thart enables the bi-xenon feature!

Someone please help!:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts