BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The install went ok... If I had to do it all over I would pay somebody to do the work. I have the CC option and when I removed the headlight assembly I got windshield fluid all over the floor...... Other than that all went smooth. Happy with Fiberdesign product.:)

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
yeah, i hear its a bitc h when you that option. a lot ppl seem to have trouble with that. still its makes you feel better knowing you did it yourself!

·
Site Sponsor
18,467 Posts
bender said:
yeah, i hear its a bitc h when you that option. a lot ppl seem to have trouble with that. still its makes you feel better knowing you did it yourself!
it's hit and miss.
I've done 3 of them now and each one is a little different.

On one, the fluid didn't even trickle out.
On another, it dripped incessantly but didn't gush.

The last one just drained like the spigget was opened.:dunno:

·
Registered
192 Posts
jsp98m3 said:
Everyone loves Gen IV. It's been the state of the art for a few months now. Well that was then, this is now.

Gen IV on the left. Gen V on the right. In car pics manana.
My god.... I can't wait to see more pics and know what the details are of how it works!!! I've been holding off on getting a kit, waiting for the better one. The time is approaching!

·
Registered
277 Posts
jsp98m3 said:
Everyone loves Gen IV. It's been the state of the art for a few months now. Well that was then, this is now.

Gen IV on the left. Gen V on the right. In car pics manana.
jim......you're killin' us with anticipation here!!! give up the upgrade info?!

from what i'm hearin' from matt, this is a easy upgrate.....hopefully that translate to a "inexpensive"!! :thumbup:

new Gen V rings look great, as bright, if not brighter than my 50w Gen IV rings!

john

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
I think Mac Fly's rings w/ the upgraded bulbs are perfect. these gen V look too bright to me. Mac Fly, where'd you get your rings and how much?

Bryan

·
Site Sponsor
18,467 Posts
I am selling them! Stay tuned for an announcement for pricing.

If anyone needs a set NOW, it's not possible, but if you need a set tomorrow, that is also not possible, but you will be able to place preliminary orders.

You must contact me for details privately until I post the thread.

·
Site Sponsor
18,467 Posts
tricxe46 said:
what is the difference dde and dae...never been clear on that
Starting with DDE Gen IV, we raised the bar to brightness levels that were superior to ANYTHING out on the market.

Then Jim decided that it wasn't good enough to just be better than everyone. He wanted to be better than everyone including ANY possible OEM implementation.

What does this mean?

There are approximately 30 things that I can come up with off the top of my head that makes the coming Gen V kit unbeatable.

Do you want me to list them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts