E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any recommendations on what to inspect or change? this is on a 2005 BMW 325Ci E46

i just did oil change and coolant flush, along with power steering at 80K. and polyurethane control arm bushings back at 70K

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ah.. good ol' Encinitas, CA...
I do miss that place. Loved living a block away from the beach & surf.
Would appreciate if you shared some current photos (or videos) of the place.

Back on topic -
1. If you haven't done any cooling system component replacements.. it is time. (For details check E46Mango's Cooling System Guide)
2. Struts & Shocks may need to be refreshed about now.

Start with these two areas and you should good to go.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,650 Posts
I'm very disappointed in all my colleagues here...you have great potential and they're wasting it! Seriously!

My recommendation is to read Fanatics until you're sick. Then, on top of the recommendations above, I'd add:

*you 'can' hold on doing the radiator for a few years if you want.

*use Techron

*do the two tensioner pulleys, idler pulley, and belts

*when Mango said all fluids, he meant it...including trans and diff...just in case you thought he only meant cooling, oil, PS, and brake. He didn't. Guy's an sob...you don't do all the fluids, he's going to find you and key your car. Forget that IAT sensor o-ring for the temp sensor on the lower hose...he's all over you!

*I'd say get down to TB and icv and clean them both, replace gaskets...clean/inspect disa and maf and replace at least the lower intake boot. I love low hanging fruit.

*gummi pflege is way, way overdue on your car. I'm sorry, but I just know it is.

* please double check your tire pressure...use door jamb pressure

*plugs are ngks brk6equp or something real close to that.

*Wash off underskirt and use a nice plastic polish on it...both sides please! That will help for when we get to the "I noticed a leak, what is it" phase of your car ownership!

*Wash off undersides of car with degreaser as per instructions

*xl50 flashlight will make you feel much more knowledgeable than you are when looking at stuff.

*Trust no one here until you have real good reason to. I lie all the time and also make up stuff, but usually make it clear I'm doing that. Before you buy parts they recommend to you, read some of their posts. If they're kind of crazy stuff...again, consider the source.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm very disappointed in all my colleagues here...you have great potential and they're wasting it! Seriously!

My recommendation is to read Fanatics until you're sick. Then, on top of the recommendations above, I'd add:

*you 'can' hold on doing the radiator for a few years if you want.

*use Techron

*do the two tensioner pulleys, idler pulley, and belts

*when Mango said all fluids, he meant it...including trans and diff...just in case you thought he only meant cooling, oil, PS, and brake. He didn't. Guy's an sob...you don't do all the fluids, he's going to find you and key your car. Forget that IAT sensor o-ring for the temp sensor on the lower hose...he's all over you!

*I'd say get down to TB and icv and clean them both, replace gaskets...clean/inspect disa and maf and replace at least the lower intake boot. I love low hanging fruit.

*gummi pflege is way, way overdue on your car. I'm sorry, but I just know it is.

* please double check your tire pressure...use door jamb pressure

*plugs are ngks brk6equp or something real close to that.

*Wash off underskirt and use a nice plastic polish on it...both sides please! That will help for when we get to the "I noticed a leak, what is it" phase of your car ownership!

*Wash off undersides of car with degreaser as per instructions

*xl50 flashlight will make you feel much more knowledgeable than you are when looking at stuff.

*Trust no one here until you have real good reason to. I lie all the time and also make up stuff, but usually make it clear I'm doing that. Before you buy parts they recommend to you, read some of their posts. If they're kind of crazy stuff...again, consider the source.
Very excellent post from Doug as usual. :clap:

But seriously, OP you must completely replace your cooling system and do Inspection I and II.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.