E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just got my UUC SSK installed today. Very impressed with the decrease in travel. Anyway I am in need of a nice shift knob. I also have ACS schnitzer pedals so I would like to go same brand. Also where can I purchase it from for the best price and whats the most comon knob?
Thanx

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
ppl go with UUC because the RK knobs weight more than the stock thus compensates for the harder shifts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just installed my UUC SSK this week as well. I got the UUC RKIII and am thoroughly happy with the way it matches my ACS pedals and ACS hand brake (polished aluminum). If you want to get the ACS knob, expect to pay like $300... crazy for a stupid knob that costs $25 to make. Here are some pics of my RKIII, plus it lights up and matches ur interior:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
How do you guys like your SSKs so far? A UUC SSK is my next mod, and I'm trying to get as much info about it as possible before I buy it. Are there any pros/cons that you guys would want to share?

·
mi casa @ technik
5,876 Posts
athen66 said:
I just installed my UUC SSK this week as well. I got the UUC RKIII and am thoroughly happy with the way it matches my ACS pedals and ACS hand brake (polished aluminum). If you want to get the ACS knob, expect to pay like $300... crazy for a stupid knob that costs $25 to make. Here are some pics of my RKIII, plus it lights up and matches ur interior:

your car is hot bro:thumbup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well as for the shift knob do they make a decent knock off of the ACS Shift knob becuase I am not at a stage to pay $300 for a piece of shapped metal. And as for the UUC SSK It is awsome just takes some getting used to. One thing you might want to do is get a latex glove and cut off one of the finger sleeve and place it inbetween the SSK and the knob to reduce vibration. I read this on a form earlier and works quite well. Thanx

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks, I'm finally installing my PSS9's tomorrow. I'll post pics. :thumbup:

xS3x said:

your car is hot bro:thumbup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know of any cloned ACS knobs but it wouldn't surprise me if you found something on ebay. Do you have vibration with your SSK? Mine doesn't vibrate at all. I've heard if you set the SSK too low it will vibrate on the knob... I actually installed mine myself and have no vibrations. I also set it to the lowest possible height.

asif2002 said:
Well as for the shift knob do they make a decent knock off of the ACS Shift knob becuase I am not at a stage to pay $300 for a piece of shapped metal. And as for the UUC SSK It is awsome just takes some getting used to. One thing you might want to do is get a latex glove and cut off one of the finger sleeve and place it inbetween the SSK and the knob to reduce vibration. I read this on a form earlier and works quite well. Thanx

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There really isnt vibration only when you have your hand on the knob about to shift like at high RPM's you can tell it is touching something and hear a wierd sound. The rubber glove thing fix's takes 2 min as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmm, I don't have any but I'll keep it mind. Thanks for the tip.

asif2002 said:
There really isnt vibration only when you have your hand on the knob about to shift like at high RPM's you can tell it is touching something and hear a wierd sound. The rubber glove thing fix's takes 2 min as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts