E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was thinking of getting 335i, but due to HPFP failure.:loco: So i got this M3 instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1&category=6131

To make the story short I found that they put an add on ebay. And ebay saying that this car was in accident or damage is some sorts. And there report is not loading for some reason. I payed 32k for the car. Is there any way to find out what kind of damage it had.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i was thinking of getting 335i, but due to HPFP failure.:loco: So i got this M3 instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1&category=6131

To make the story short I found that they put an add on ebay. And ebay saying that this car was in accident or damage is some sorts. And there report is not loading for some reason. I payed 32k for the car. Is there any way to find out what kind of damage it had.
You overpaid by about $7-8K for a car that was also in an accident:tsk:

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is an awful lot of money for an 05 dispite the low mileage, and to be honest that is not taking into account the fact its damaged repaired. That car would have only made $25000 (£16000) over here at best on a good day and would have to be mint.

I dont mean to sound negative but can you back the car?.......................

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have looked at the pics the car indeed looks clean however there is one thing that concerns me. The picture of the O/S rear wheel shows that the disc is a non cross drilled item, now i'm no expert and unless US spec M3's dont have cross drilled rear discs (rotors) this car has the wrong brake disc's (rotor's) fitted....................................................... not a good sign at all. Maybe someone can clarify this fact?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have looked at the pics the car indeed looks clean however there is one thing that concerns me. The picture of the O/S rear wheel shows that the disc is a non cross drilled item, now i'm no expert and unless US spec M3's dont have cross drilled rear discs (rotors) this car has the wrong brake disc's (rotor's) fitted....................................................... not a good sign at all. Maybe someone can clarify this fact?
OEM US M3's don't come with cross-drilled rotors.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ah that explains that then. God no cross drilled rotors as standard...........................that's outrageous are they optional then?
They sell packages to upgrade to euro spec brake systems. You guys get spoiled with parts compared to what we get. I don't know if they sell these upgrade packages at the dealers, i know places like turnermotorsports, bavauto, etc sell it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You overpaid by about $7-8K for a car that was also in an accident:tsk:
I don't think you would find an 05-06 m3 for 25k that has under 25k miles and the condition it is in.

So here is the thing that makes me:censor:.:ben: I looked at there web site car fax and it was clean. After I got the car, I looked at ebay and it has a diffrent carfax report. I got scamed:facepalm:.

·
Registered
0 Posts
where was the car hit at? The only way ive seen 05's go for that price is if its one of the more desirable color combo's (AW/Cinn, Laguna Seca or PY) you overpaid by a bit, but you will find that having that warranty will enable you to enjoy the car much more.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
335 > e46 M3

looks like the trunk and front right fender don't line up right to me...could just be the pictures angles tho!?

great choice still, but you got raped! You would've love the 335! TWIIIIIIINZ

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.