E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, does it need time to break-in for the sound to get a bit louder?

I know it has that weird burning smell at first (which I am having now), but I'm hoping it gets a bit louder...right now, there's not too much difference from stock almost :dunno:

I will post pics soon and soundclips once it gets louder hopefully!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Did you remove the rear-most resonator by installing the "sound pipes"? If you didn't it won't be very loud. I have an HP on a 330 and it was louder than stock on the first day. Get the sound pipes - you be happy with the sound then!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I installed the sound pipes too, which removed the rear resonator. But for some reason it's still not too loud.

I think it's partially because I'm coming from the UUC TSE1, which was screaming at most rpms (I liked it a lot, just thought it was time to switch to something else).

But comparatively, the Race exhaust isn't too loud, but I can tell that it's getting louder each time I drive it. So far I've put about 200 miles on it, and hopefully it'll get louder.

Did yours get louder after some mileage?

·
Registered
19 Posts
They don't look like momo sports because on the momo sports, the split spokes are a bit thinner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.