BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my rear brakes (rotors & calipers) back from the powdercoating shop... :D

They are Bavarian Auto cross drilled rotors & stock calipers with "Wet Black" powdercoating...

I will post pics of them installed once the job is done...!

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Nice....

What are the chances of 2 fanatics getting their brakes on the same day? Bimmerchop got his too.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tulanejames said:
How much did you pay for the powdercoating? I'm thinking of having my calipers done too. Can't wait to see the pics.
$40 p/ caliper and $30 p/rotor. That includes sandblasting the calipers and taping up the rotors and caliper pistons with 400 degree resistant tape, and of course the powdercoat and 30-minute 350 degree bake.

The pics will come by next wednesday... im still waitin on the pads and new clips from circle bmw... :sad:

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
325i-Vizon said:
omg are these stock oem replacements ? if so, you think they got them for a 2001 325i?! Want these badly :D

:thumbup: nice
Yep, they are the original rear stock oem 323 calipers... i took them off and had them powdercoated.

If you send me yours I can bring them by there to have them powdercoated. They do excellent work in any color. Just pay for shipping to me and back, and the powdercoating of course...!

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
sanman10535 said:
You know front brakes are responsible for 70% of braking.;)
Bav Auto has the fronts on backorder... they say they will get them the 19th and will be to me by the 23rd which then they go to be powdercoated that same day along with the front calipers.

So on christmas eve i will be installing my front brakes...

*SIGH*.... only a fanatic would actually be doing that... :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts