BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today(11-8-03) i got my 2001 330Ci 5MT sport black/grey, well i paid for it today, ill actually be getting it this wednesday.

Im planning on putting about $2000 in mods into this car. The first, the 6 piece clear corners(front, side, rear), but wheres the cheapest OEM set, and the price?

Next i shall be doing suspension, only im not to shure what to do. Ive been told that doing a mix and match is better than doing a dinan setup, so i belive ill be doing the mix and match. Only im not shure about what i want to do. I definitely want to do adjustable sway bars and set them for slight oversteer(is that front stiff, rear soft, or vice versa?). Since im only spending about 2 grand, should i do tires(on the stock 17"ers, right now there new continentals on ) or springs and shocks(or coilovers)? If so what springs/shocks or what tires(S-03's?) How much money could i get from the old conti's with about 30 miles on them?

What about negative camber, is it that helpful? How much is to much? How much does it take for it to be noticeable from looks(i dont want that damn ghetto ricer lowering look)?

And finally my intentions for this car to be a daily driver but also a serious weekend warrior at road courses/auto-x's.
THANKS

·
needs a proper photoshoot..
687 Posts
Circle is cool for the clears. As for suspension, u can go KW V2's, thats a pretty good set up.

·
Banned
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea, i got some from the dealers site but it wont allow me to post them, so heres the link, but it wont take u directly to my car. http://www.johnrobertsbmw.com/en_US/ click on "preowned" on the left. Then on the top where it says "search by" enter Used/BMW/3 Series/330Ci, and its that car right there.

Not everything on the list on that page is correct. Its is leather and it has the sport package, those are the only major options.

·
Banned
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im definitely getting sway bars. But should i do some tires(S-03s?) or springs and shocks(or coilovers)?

·
needs a new sig...
4,907 Posts
s0-3's are on back order do to a factory fire... get a cupkit best bang for the buck and a rear diff.. youll be happy

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
vaio76109 said:
Yea, i got some from the dealers site but it wont allow me to post them, so heres the link, but it wont take u directly to my car. http://www.johnrobertsbmw.com/en_US/ click on "preowned" on the left. Then on the top where it says "search by" enter Used/BMW/3 Series/330Ci, and its that car right there.

Not everything on the list on that page is correct. Its is leather and it has the sport package, those are the only major options.

Congrats:thumbup:

Dude, how much did u pay for your ride? If u don't mine me asking.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
congtr. on your new baby

try circle or pacific bmw and watch out for the mod bug hehehe.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,823 Posts
I paid a bit more than some but its "certified preowned" , so I still have 3 yrs and 64,000 miles of warranry left.

So tires or spring/shocks? Which one will I appreciate more and notice more? Which will give me a faster lap time?

·
933 Posts
You will definitely notice the suspension setup over tires. I would suggest KW v2 INOX!! :thumbup:

BTW: I think JRBMW sucks..

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
you said your car has sports package? if so then you dont need to get clears, the car alreay has them... for 2000, plus selling your stock tires, im pretty sure u can get pss9 and s03s... goodluck!

·
Registered
598 Posts
how do the hell does his preown car get 64,000 warranty but my new one gets 50,000 mile warranty?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
you said your car has sports package? if so then you dont need to get clears, the car alreay has them... for 2000, plus selling your stock tires, im pretty sure u can get pss9 and s03s... goodluck!
His car is a 2001, sport package did not come with clears back then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts