BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealer after driving the Audi S5. Very impressive car i loved everything about it except the power. The car was grey on red interior it was loaded with a sticker of about 58k. The seats and interiors are absolutely :drool: and doesnt even compare the interior of my 335. The exterior is equally as hot with the quad exhaust and the LED front lights. The steering doesnt feel as light as the typical Audi but nowhere near as tight as a bimmer. The car is really a pleasure to drive and smooth. Now the power is a completely different story. The car feels like it is needs some more power or needs to go on a serious diet. The exhaust note is very nice and steering response is somewhat good. It really blew me away how slow the car was. If i raced the car against my 335 i dont think you could even call it a race.

Bottom line if this car had maybe 50 more hp and 300 less pounds i would have it in my driveway right now. I love the S5 but the lack of power really makes me think twice about trading my 335 in. Really impressive car though i like it alot but it needs more power!

:hi:

·
Banned
9,400 Posts
there was a comparison of the 335 and S5 and they said just about the same thing you just did. The 335 won by about a second on the track to

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Nice i wanna go test drive it... Im gonna guess that the gearing and dynamics of the car are very different and from what your experience tells me it's possible that you feel more lower end torque on the 335, but the current test videos I've seen show the S5 taking 335s on a straight, so it can't be as slow as you think.

modded 335 is a different story but im talking stock to stock.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice i wanna go test drive it... Im gonna guess that the gearing and dynamics of the car are very different and from what your experience tells me it's possible that you feel more lower end torque on the 335, but the current test videos I've seen show the S5 taking 335s on a straight, so it can't be as slow as you think.

My car deff had more low end torque but when i give my car some gas it gets up and goes unline the S5. The S5 felt slugglish and dissapointed me. My car does have AA Xede but even in its stock form it feels significantly faster. :hmm:

It should be a good race

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

most reviews compare stock to stock... and the end result is the same in nearly every case i've read...

the 335 has more power and torque... the s5 has a solid frame, nice interior, and great exterior styling... in the end, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the 335 has the numbers to blow the s5 away...

·
Banned
423 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts