E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just bought this vorsteiner double sided carbon fiber hood from a good friend today. It has a good amount of damage and needs to be repaired. Just to see what your opinions would be about the repair and how much and if even possible. I'm still debating buying another local prepainted alpine white single sided cf hood in my area. In perfect condition the guy wants 800 cash + my oem hood.

The hood comes with that carbon fiber air duct on the top by the windshield washer sprayers but I don't like it. I will swap in the oem one or mold over it as a whole.

Anyway so before you make fun of my car, I know it looks like fruit loops. Obviously I'm getting the hood painted, just wanted to test fitment and quality. It's 9/10. One side is too low and needs washers to raise it to meet the fender line. Also repainting my wheels silver pretty soon. But kind of fun looking at my car in these pics.

Thanks everyone

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,789 Posts
I personally would not have paid that much for that damaged hood. And that hood has a lot of damage to fix and then will need paint. The front nose where the surrounds/kidneys fit is a tricky area to fix. And from the photos that area is hammered. That hood appears to be worth like $50-$100 in it's damaged state. And that's because one might retrofit the CF vents to another hood. :dunno:

I hope either way it works out for you.

*edit* it looks like i was mistaken on the nose. i thought that was light colored cracked resign/fiberglass but it now looks like a towel to protect it. if this is the case
then bodywork to fix and respray may be much more possible :thumbsup:

33,392 Posts
I say polish your original aluminum hood, will match your silver wheels :D. That hood looks pretty trashed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel like for 220 its worth it considering this is an 1800 dollar hood. It won't cost me more than 400 to fix and even with that in mind its basically like me paying 620 for a double sided cf hood. Doesn't that seem worth it?

I'm probably still buying the pre painted one but do you think its worth it for 800+ my hood?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts