BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I mentioned a while back that I sent an inquiry to carbonworks for the carbon fiber products they offer for the e46 sedan. Initially, I was going to go with the Fiberdesign interior trim kit, but people have been saying that they are just overlays that are stick ons to OEM parts, plus they don't make a sedan kit, and they also mentioned they didn't have any trim in stock at the time. So while Fiberdesign's price is quite good, I figured I could just spend a little more to acquire a set of full carbon fiber trim and without a long wait as well.

My Impressions: Initially, I was quite skeptical of Carbonwork's products, since I have never really heard of them before, and no one I know has their products. However, I took the initiative to send an email, and to my surprise they replied promptly, and also attached pictures of the products I inquired about. Apparently, they are also making products in CF that we have yet to see.

Getting back on topic here.....I sent the money via paypal, and it took 4 days for the trim to get here. They sent me a tracking number the same day of payment, so overall the service was impeccable.

Now onto the products themselves.....

The CF trim looks amazing!!! The packaging was excellent, the quality of the fit and finish looks superb!! They also use PPG clear coat on all trim pieces to ensure its quality over time.

The sedan version m3 lip spoiler I purchased as well, is awesome!! Initially I was going to just buy an oem one and paint it silver, but I figured the CF would provide a good contrast with the silver paint....and that's exactly what it provided.....The lip spoiler fit perfectly!

Overall, I'm thoroughly impresed with the product and service of Carbonworks, I was once a CF non-believer, but you can call me a certified CF whore now!! :) (Clem ;))

Ok Ok, now for the pics :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
How much was the interior trim? Did they have to special make the trim or do they already have an e46 template?

BTW, looks :pimpin: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I paid $400+shipping for the sedan interior trim. They do not need to specially make the trim because they already have an e46 template. I believe they also make some custom pieces, but you have to check with them.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
i have to say, looks good man, post some pics on the car :D

but i must ask, werent u going to be selling the car, or is that someone else i am thinking of....?

-brendan

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm installing as we speak.....

As far as selling the car, I don't know, I change my mind daily on things :)....so I guess until I know for sure, I will keep spending money on the car.

Give me like mins for pics of the trim on the car.

And as far as a site, I believe they have one in the works, but for now the main form of communication is via email....

·
Big in Japan
1,373 Posts
wow, from the pics it looks like it is top notch quality; is the weave very consistent on the curved portions?

also, that price seems VERY reasonable! cant wait to see it installed.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rich: Thanks, I am actually quite happy with the purchase!!! The weave is excellent and is uniform throughout each of the pieces. If you do desire some close up pictures, I can take some from whatever angle you wish before I slap them on the ride......

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Daft said:
Beautiful! And how much for the M3 lip spoiler? or is that included in the $400 price you mentioned..?
Haha, I wish the lip spoiler was included in the $400 price ;). They made me a deal since I purchased both at the same time. Usually the lip spoiler is $300if you purchase it alone....but the guys there are cool and gave it to me for $275...and a discount on my next purchase :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UltimateOne said:
Arent they located in Texas?
Well the items were shipped from California, which I guess could explain the 4 days in transport....if they were in Texas, I would probably have gotten then much sooner :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts