BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should I have gotten a 12W7? The IDMax is more affordable & requires less space... i think.. thats why I went with it.. also because I hear it is W7 caliber.. what you guys think?

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
what model car to you have? good choice if you often use your trunk. one of my installers had ID sub in his GTI and it sounded really good.

·
Manwhore
2,799 Posts
I have the IDMAX12 now, and its bad ass... BUT i did hear the w7 and that does sound a bit better. BUt i didnt think its worth the price over the idmax12.

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrazyBimmer said:
I have the IDMAX12 now, and its bad ass... BUT i did hear the w7 and that does sound a bit better. BUt i didnt think its worth the price over the idmax12.
yeah the W7's are $$$.. what size box do you have? Mine is about 1.1 cu. ft.. I hope that is enough. it will be about 1 cu ft after the sub is in it. How many watts do you give it? I will be giving it 800 watts RMS.

Is yours a v3?

·
Manwhore
2,799 Posts
Delirium said:

yeah the W7's are $$$.. what size box do you have? Mine is about 1.1 cu. ft.. I hope that is enough. it will be about 1 cu ft after the sub is in it. How many watts do you give it? I will be giving it 800 watts RMS.

Is yours a v3?

naw mines a v.2 I have it in a 1.3 cu ft box right now. Which for my taaste is still not enough SPL. Im sure your 1.1 is TIGHT bass, but i want alittle more BOOM than that. So a guy from idmax sent me a design for new ported box that will keep my SQ but still give me more SPL. So its getting built tommorrow, i cant wait to hear how it sounds.

Oh and i had the Directed 1100d amp (1500 watt amp) powering the idmax12.

I now will be powering it with the Arc Audio 1500r

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrazyBimmer said:

naw mines a v.2 I have it in a 1.3 cu ft box right now. Which for my taaste is still not enough SPL. Im sure your 1.1 is TIGHT bass, but i want alittle more BOOM than that. So a guy from idmax sent me a design for new ported box that will keep my SQ but still give me more SPL. So its getting built tommorrow, i cant wait to hear how it sounds.

Oh and i had the Directed 1100d amp (1500 watt amp) powering the idmax12.

I now will be powering it with the Arc Audio 1500r
wow sounds like a lot of power! do you run a stock alt.? What gauge wire do you use?

Yeah, I hear that the v3 works better in small enclosures than the v2 did. We'll see...

·
Manwhore
2,799 Posts
Delirium said:

wow sounds like a lot of power! do you run a stock alt.? What gauge wire do you use?

yep stock alt. I used a 4 gauge for it. Didnt have any dimming problems :)

Im getting a huge 3.5 cubic inch box (ported) made for the idmax as we speak. Its gonna be LOUD. :pimpin: :eeps: :eeps:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts