E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wassup everyone:)
yesterday i traded in my Lexus IS300 for a 330 coupe. it's steel gray metallic with gray interior with SP, PP, step, xenon, trunk CD, and garage remote. after i saw the fugly '04 coupe pictures, i just had to get the '03 right now :D
got it for 3 year lease so i wont be modding the baby for a while except maybe 19 rims. but i already put clear signal bulbs. i was bored at my friend's auto body shop :D
i'll be changing the rear blinkers to red cuz i had enough **** with many low-life pigs in L.A.
anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone. :thumbup:

cant wait to break-in the engine ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
hi.. nice color u pick, welcome to the board!!!:thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
please post pics, and bulb type, when u eventually change the rear turn signals to red bulbs... this idea has interested me too

and welcome, glad u have converted from the dark (read: rice) side :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, didnt know there are people on the forum at this time. anyway, my first luxury car was the 99 GS300, traded that in for the 01 IS300 and now to the bimmer family.

i must say, tho, both lexuses (sp?) were great. my G3 was a pimp ride with all the mods i did. the IS was pretty much stock except clear fronts and red rears.

about the rear reds, i'll prolly go to pep boys and use that computer they have to find the right bulb for my baby but anyway, i'll let you know. i put red rear blinkers on my fiancee's '01 Z3 and they look just as good as hyper whites.

by the way, my front blinkers are not those blue color hyper white bulbs. i just put the same size bulbs in clear which gives out a yellowish color. they werent even the exact same bulbs so i had to cut off one of those tips (if u know what i'm saying). i know it may not look cool as the hypers but like i said before, i had enough crap with cops in this town. dont wanna get pulled over for having blue bulbs (trust me, they pull u over just for that. even VERY light tint on front windows).

anyway, pics coming soon. :thumbup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
rear RED turn singnal is tight, i did mine already :pimpin:

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
Double Vanos said:
Alright dumped the is300 for a 330ci excellent choice, also welcomed aboard:thumbup:
Welcome to the other side! Congrats man. Now you can drive around and punk the IS300s. hahahaha

·
The Man
328 Posts
great choice, i love my 03 330ci. But i heard there is a recall for the subwoofer shelf. I don't know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am still waiting on mine :cry: :banghead: :cry:

Congrats :thumbup:

·
Euro.Techniks
3,711 Posts
welcome to the board....glad you finally made the switch over to BMW instead of being part of the Toyota.....I mean Lexus family.....
lol

The only lexus I would drive is the 2dr SC430...the **** that Redman drives with the rims that keep spinning

hey don't worry that its a lease....just start modding and make sure you keep the stock stuff!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
e46craze said:

The only lexus I would drive is the 2dr SC430...
thanx for the warm welcome guys.

and hey, come on now, i would buy and keep the GS430 or even the GS300 if i had extra cash but i dont and since i had the GS before i didnt bother looking into the G4 cuz all my buddies would be like "WTF, u got a GS again?."
SC430 is cool, but GS is the da :pimpin: ride.

as for the rear red blinkers, i decided to swap them with my finacee's Z3. would she care? nah. she doesn't even know i switched her's to red :lmao: maybe i'll even swap the hyper whites i put on her Z :tsk: but i'm thinking if i want to take the risk (getting pulled over) or not.

·
Registered
215 Posts
which do you like better? the IS300? or your new baby???

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
330CHICK said:
which do you like better? the IS300? or your new baby???
well, i must say, i wouldnt have traded in the car if i wasnt sick of it, BUT, it still was a nice ride. :thumbup: i just get sick of my cars too quickly. the thing that most pissed me off with the 01 IS300 is that the next year model, 2002, came with compass rear view mirror (no big deal) and armrest which i really wanted. i could have retro fitted them but didnt want to waste my time.

i have absolutely no regrets getting the 330 coupe. who knows, i might get sick of this car after a year too ;) but right now, i'm lovin' it :thumbup: :pimpin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts