BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

super fast M3 coupe or very fast drop top boxster S?

• M3 coupe

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • boxster S

Votes: 8 22.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just drove an M3 for the 1st time...
oh my...... I am in after-shock...
it's unbelievabe how fast that car is... the most i went to was 7000rpm in 3rd gear....i was flying......what a car... now i know what everyone means when they talk about this car...
now the dilemma is..... m3 coupe or boxster s? super fast car or very fast car with drop top? what a dilemma!!!!
help me out!!
a confused Giandu

·
T!TSLVR
1,258 Posts
I test drove the '02 Boxster S after I drove my friends '01 M3.... NO COMPARISON. The M3 beat it in speed, feel and wow factor. The boxster S just did not accelerate, felt small and cost more!

Only good thing about the boxster is that it makes a good hummmm if you rev it hard. But the M3 kicks ass when you rev it hard (as you know).

So you see the outcome of my decision ;)

:D :D :D

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
if I have to choose I would go with the Porsche Boxster S- " there is NO substitute", the M3 is nice, but it's only another factory moded E46 coupe ... !

PS: I was in the same situation thinking between 330Ci, Box.2.7, M3 and Box.S, well did ordered Boxster S ..... but then on the end I desided to purchase 330Ci and save for Carrera (cuz base Carrera is almost the same as loaded Box.S)!

3C ;)

Attachments

·
Bimmerless
1,862 Posts
3c said:
if I have to choose I would go with the Porsche Boxster S- " there is NO substitute", the M3 is nice, but it's only another factory moded E46 coupe ... !

3C ;)
So wouldnt the Boxster S be a factory modded Boxster ??:dunno: :dunno:

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
Anthony said:

So wouldnt the Boxster S be a factory modded Boxster ??:dunno: :dunno:

hehehe that was good one and I agree, but at list they did painted the callipers red :lmao:

Attachments

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,303 Posts
If you want to compare cars you should compare it with a 911. An M3 against a Boxster-S is not fair. The M wins on all counts.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
That's what I thought...

When I drove the test car in my dealership around the middle of 2001. I was actually trembling after I drove it...you really have to get use to driving this ultimate driving machine!!!

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
Tough decision...if it were a year ago, I'd say go with the Porsche Boxster S. But after owning a BMW, and even though its just a 325, I'd say go with the M3!! And if you want the drop top, go with the M3 Cabriolet...or the Porsche Carerra..:dunno:

·
T!TSLVR
1,258 Posts
What erked me about the Boxster S... for a 55-60K automobile, you still had to manually pull a lever to close the top!?!? it's not fully automatic... WTF?! :thumbdwn:

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
giandu said:
just drove an M3 for the 1st time...
oh my...... I am in after-shock...
it's unbelievabe how fast that car is... the most i went to was 7000rpm in 3rd gear....i was flying......what a car... now i know what everyone means when they talk about this car...
now the dilemma is..... m3 coupe or boxster s? super fast car or very fast car with drop top? what a dilemma!!!!
help me out!!
a confused Giandu
get an m3 convert.:thumbup:

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,303 Posts
Impulss said:
What erked me about the Boxster S... for a 55-60K automobile, you still had to manually pull a lever to close the top!?!? it's not fully automatic... WTF?! :thumbdwn:
Geez. How lazy are you? You can do it with one hand and not even have to get out of the car. :tsk: :tongue:

I'd rather not have an automatic closing mech if possible, just because it adds so much weight to the car. Look at the M3 Cab vs. the Couple. Ouch.

·
T!TSLVR
1,258 Posts
Imola Ed said:

Geez. How lazy are you? You can do it with one hand and not even have to get out of the car. :tsk: :tongue:

I'd rather not have an automatic closing mech if possible, just because it adds so much weight to the car. Look at the M3 Cab vs. the Couple. Ouch.
If i wanted a mechanical cabrio... i would get a S2000 :flipoff:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts