E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could not pass it up had the extra cash and for the price. I am hoping that they are a good deal and from what I have read they are just about the same as all the other headers out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110650983274&viewitem=

I am going to see how much a mechanic would charge to install. If its too much I will just do it my self.

And now I need an exhaust set up. Still not sure what kind too get though.

This is what I had on my other car, wondering it would sound okay with the bimmer and the headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQhRZCSYd0c

Thanks....

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Those headers are frequently listed for $1 buy-it-now, with $50 shipping. You still got a good deal though.

Search for kpeng's ebay headers thread, you'll get a ton of info.

Despite what people tell you, doing headers properly is much more than just the cost of the headers. You'll want to ceramic coat and/or wrap them. Use OEM gaskets, not the cheap ebay ones. You'll need aftermarket cats if you have emissions testing in your area. You'll also need software if you want to reliably get rid of your check engine light.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I have read his post couple time making sure I do everything right. I am buying the that ceramic coating also. And about the testing I am going to keep the old headers n swap them back in when I have to test again which I think is in a year and a half. Not sure what software I want to get the shark or dianan.....I went to the muffler shop to and he told me that I need to pick up a muffler for my car cuz if he orders one it would be expensive. So any in put on muffler I want a nice deep growl not some ricer high pitch sound.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts