BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought 99' 318i with 222k on the clock. The overall look of the car seems very good. Interior is a bit dirty and near tires I can see that there was rust which was fixed with some kind of rust paste repair kit. Now this is my second car and Im not a car guy at all so I just blindly bought this car without much knowledge about it. The car colour is white (its a shity paintjob, not original). Idk if that is supposed to hide something or make it look better than it is. Anyways, I bought the car with intentions of modyfing it by myself bcs I dont really have a lot of money. I paid 2300 € for it.
I have a few issues with it.
1st problem: When I drive at speeds of 100kmh or more the steering wheel starts to vibrate uncontrolably and I feel unsafe riding it at that speed.
2nd problem is the car makes a weird noise when I put it in first and second gear, very deep sound from the back of the car.
3rd problem is when i brake slowly my foot brake pad makes weird sounds almost like some kind of spring and it also vibrates. It feels very unatural, almost like there is no brake pads or something but when I brake at high speeds it seems okay and rhe brakes are really good. Car stops in a few seconds.
I also did the dashboard sensors test and all of the sensors seems to be working so thats the only good thing I guess.
Also the car runs both on petrol and lpg and I never driven an lpg car so some tips in that area would also be very helpful. Sorry for this long story and bad english bcs its not my main language.

·
Registered
325ci 2002 Orient Blue 5Sp Zf Auto
12 Posts
So I just bought 99' 318i with 222k on the clock. The overall look of the car seems very good. Interior is a bit dirty and near tires I can see that there was rust which was fixed with some kind of rust paste repair kit. Now this is my second car and Im not a car guy at all so I just blindly bought this car without much knowledge about it. The car colour is white (its a shity paintjob, not original). Idk if that is supposed to hide something or make it look better than it is. Anyways, I bought the car with intentions of modyfing it by myself bcs I dont really have a lot of money. I paid 2300 € for it.
I have a few issues with it.
1st problem: When I drive at speeds of 100kmh or more the steering wheel starts to vibrate uncontrolably and I feel unsafe riding it at that speed.
2nd problem is the car makes a weird noise when I put it in first and second gear, very deep sound from the back of the car.
3rd problem is when i brake slowly my foot brake pad makes weird sounds almost like some kind of spring and it also vibrates. It feels very unatural, almost like there is no brake pads or something but when I brake at high speeds it seems okay and rhe brakes are really good. Car stops in a few seconds.
I also did the dashboard sensors test and all of the sensors seems to be working so thats the only good thing I guess.
Also the car runs both on petrol and lpg and I never driven an lpg car so some tips in that area would also be very helpful. Sorry for this long story and bad english bcs its not my main language.
take it to a workshop IMMEDIATLEY your car sound dangerous, unsafe at best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts