BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first off i want to say modbargains service is amazing. Ron was on the phone with me for a while helping me figure out which wheels i liked and gave me his opinions in everything.

i ended up getting the axis pentas.

20X10 with 22 offset rear

19X8.5 front 35 offset front

I know i might be pushing it with the rear but i allready had 19's so i want to try something new.

so has anyone heard of or done a staggered squared(i guess we should call it this, staggered X staggered, offset and size) lol

i would be interested to see if you were able to run suspension without rubbing and what tire sizes

thanks guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might get a rub.

Damn, those must weigh a ton. I used to have a 350z with Hiros...it's like driving a fat kid in the car.

·
Banned
423 Posts
You might get a rub.

Damn, those must weigh a ton. I used to have a 350z with Hiros...it's like driving a fat kid in the car.
A really good looking fat kid!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Yeah they're pretty heavy.....but they look sooo nice

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fronts are less than 25 lbs rears are 30 lbs.

thats actually light for a 20X10. if you look at my sig, those bbs replicas i had weighed 32lbs and they were 19X9.5

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I run 19x10 et20 in the rear. Im dropped and rub :) GL

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I ran 19x10.5 ET 25 in the rear dropped on Ground Controls with no fender work.....less than a finger of clearance but no rubbing even with 4 people in the car! Thank you 650lb springs!...and 275/30!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so it seems to me i shouldnt rub. because the rim is 10 wide with 25 offset. the height should make a difference on fender rubbing. ill probably just run a 275/25/19. id like to run a 30 profile if i can pull it of though. i dont want to look like im riding on rubber bands.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
^^ these matters also depend on the tires.

I run 19 x 10 285/30 rear on GC and 600lbs coilovers.
front 19 x 9.5 on 275/30. no rubbing.
Potenza S03's.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Lets see some pics bro.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
UPDATE

so here are my options:

sizes will be 245/35/19 and 275/30/20

yokohama s drive

Falken fk452

nitto nt555

all around the same price. 850 shipped with road hazzard program

i just want something cheap to roll around on. ive spent tons of money on my supra's tires and i realized i never even used them to full advantage

thanks for any input guys

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE

just ordered nitto nt555's

sizes will be 245/35/19 and 275/30/20

886 shipped with the road hazzard warranty

·
Registered
167 Posts
I definitely would like to see some pics of that setup.
What did you do with your old wheels?? :D

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
can't wait to see pics

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Interesting.....will be one of the first I can remember to run a bigger rim in the rear. I have seen Corvettes and Porsches, but no M3. Definitely post pics. Pentas are amazing looking...one of my favorites and not super overpriced. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Interesting.....will be one of the first I can remember to run a bigger rim in the rear. I have seen Corvettes and Porsches, but no M3. Definitely post pics. Pentas are amazing looking...one of my favorites and not super overpriced. :thumbsup:

actually, I remember Victor of MMS tuning in Miami with this set up on his Dakar Yellow M3 with HREs. Looked sick. Maybe someone can dig up a pic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts