E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
330ci - 5 Speed - 3.0l M54 MS43.1 - 230k Miles - 03/2001
I snagged this 2001 330ci vert for only $4,500. Super clean, straight out of a time capsule. This is my first car and I鈥檓 loving the driving experience, especially because it鈥檚 a manual. A lot of fun on those twisty roads 馃弫 View attachment 962445
Welcome! Check out the link in my signature for a heap of helpful topics all covering this platform. How many miles does the car have? How handy are you with mechanical repairs? These cars are extremely satisfying to drive but do require some mechanical background to keep the maintainence up to date. Even for their age they are deceptively complicated.

My recommendations would be looking into getting a cable and downloading BMW Standard tools, familiarizing yourself with them and how to read problem codes.(Found in the software section of the important links) Also a cheap multimeter will be worth its weight in gold when diagnosing problems that will eventually arise.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I just want to make sure you are prepared for the future so that you may enjoy these cars for longer.

Registered
2001 330ci Convertible 5MT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! The car currently has ~148k miles, so not too much. I have done extensive research on the care these cars need and plan to do the majority of maintenance on my own. As long as there鈥檚 a YouTube video showing me how, I don鈥檛 think it should be a problem. I鈥檓 planning to do a cooling system refresh soon, I know the expansion tank and hoses are prone to failure and I don鈥檛 want to overheat my engine. 馃檪

1 - 7 of 7 Posts