E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki Ninja 500R, its a 2005 w/ 12K miles on it. Got a sick deal. All it needs is a little lube on throttle cable, and a new rear pad. Just got it like 1 hour ago. super stocked, wish i didnt have a full day of classes tmrw. Its stock except slip ons of unknown origin.
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

(just took these in the lot w/ world sh1tties point and shoot)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
cool and looks nice but i hate those bikes they look like their from 1990's - early 2000's !

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have bought my 06 gsxr 600.
would you have sold it to me for $1500 :read:
cool and looks nice but i hate those bikes they look like their from 1990's - early 2000's !
ya the designe didnt change from 94 -08 :yikes:

but i love it. same way i love the preface vs the facelifts (not as much) just looks bold and clean and clear.

plus these puppies are cheap, and the mods are cheap and cool as well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks solid, chop that fender, flush mount the turn signals, paint that exhaust too!

I'm digging the chin spoiler too

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats!
Thanks

Looks solid, chop that fender, flush mount the turn signals, paint that exhaust too!

I'm digging the chin spoiler too
By fender you mean the thing in the back right? that hold the plate? i hate that thing, its gonna go. However first things first, like insurance, registration, inspection, and a new helmet (my old autox helmet isnt cutting it anymore) and a few things, and then the modding begins, have to budget myself, if only a little.

^+1 This.
:argue: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! Why not something sportier like a gsxr, rr, or r6?
Couple of reasons really.

First these 500's are carbed, simple to work on, and cheap to fix. Second this is my first bike and it is plenty fast for highway cruising and gets me around town great. Third - it is more comfortable, and at least now I am looking for something to take the miles of the BMW and provide me with a small cheap thrill in daily commuting chores. I just wish this fvcking state would cool down some....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Couple of reasons really.

First these 500's are carbed, simple to work on, and cheap to fix. Second this is my first bike and it is plenty fast for highway cruising and gets me around town great. Third - it is more comfortable, and at least now I am looking for something to take the miles of the BMW and provide me with a small cheap thrill in daily commuting chores. I just wish this fvcking state would cool down some....
Don't let anyone make you regret your decision. A 500 is the perfect starter bike and if you're interested in genuine satisfaction, i.e. more than just twisting your wrist on straight, flat highways. You are best served starting a smaller displacement bike so you can learn how to corner properly.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats! Ride safe!
Thanks you too.

Don't let anyone make you regret your decision. A 500 is the perfect starter bike and if you're interested in genuine satisfaction, i.e. more than just twisting your wrist on straight, flat highways. You are best served starting a smaller displacement bike so you can learn how to corner properly.
Ya I had the oppertunity to buy a larger displacement bike. Riding a modern sports bike around (I have already put about 40 miles on it) really makes me understand how little I know about riding. Its easy to go in a straight line, but I definitly have a lot of learning to do. But this bike should last me a couple of years and I intend to look after it, so it will look after me. Definitly could use some technique lessons though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks you too.

Ya I had the oppertunity to buy a larger displacement bike. Riding a modern sports bike around (I have already put about 40 miles on it) really makes me understand how little I know about riding. Its easy to go in a straight line, but I definitly have a lot of learning to do. But this bike should last me a couple of years and I intend to look after it, so it will look after me. Definitly could use some technique lessons though.
Do you guys not have Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) courses over in Texas? Three classes total that teach a beginner a whole lot of useful information and technique.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you guys not have Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) courses over in Texas? Three classes total that teach a beginner a whole lot of useful information and technique.
We do and I took it..... I was refering to more advanced techniques. Also I think more than anything else I just need practice to get comfortable with the bike in various situations.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Looks like the bike from The GTA game. I had both a 04 R6 and 01 CBR FULL Streetfighter. Fun times!

Please be safe! My R6 took my good friends life!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts